Too funny not to share-a moment in our salon yesterday!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classixuk

Reaction score
I'm told we had a 'Fawlty Towers' moment in the new Spa yesterday! Read on for a giggle...

3 clients had pre-booked weeks ago as they were due to attend a wedding, so they couldn't be cancelled. 3 team members opened up the spa on their day off so that these 3 clients could have their hair and make-up done.

Everything seemed to be going well until the manager realised she didn't know how to switch on the new hot water boilers for the hair sinks. After calling the owner she was told it would take around 10 minutes for the water to heat up.

Rather than explain this to the client whom one of her stylists was attending to, she grabbed the assistant manager and did a 'Basil Fawlty'. They decided to hide the fact that there was no hot water!

Next thing the stylist knows, she is with her client at the hair washing sink, she has checked the client is comfortable and that the water temperature is OK, when 2 ladies walk in (the manager and assistant manager) with a huge wooden pedicure bowl filled to the brim with warm water and a giant coconut spoon. They both walk over to her client smiling and mime to the stylist to turn off her water tap.

One holds the heavy bowl of water, and the other begins ladling the warm water over the clients hair with the coconut spoon, much to the amuzement of both the client and the stylist. The stylist, too gobsmacked to say anything, starts worrying that she hasn't done her homework properly, and assumes this is a new spa ritual of which she is not yet aware.

The manager and the assistant manger continue doing this for a full 5 minutes, and then retreat from the room whilst miming to the stylist that it should be OK to use the water from the tap now.

At this point the stylist realises what's just happened and bursts out laughing! She turns on the tap and asks them, "Do you mean this one? The one that I checked had hot water before you even walked into the room?" Lol.

Luckily our client saw the funny side too, and that's what memories are made of I guess!

We open on September 3rd....relaxation and Basil Fawlty moments guaranteed! :)

Ha ha ha! Hilarious.:)

Lol

We've had a few moment spike that in my salon. A laugh at works keeps the energy, and spirits up :)

Jem x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek app

Hahaha! Oh dear! 🙈

Lol. That is funny.

Latest posts

Back