Too late to go back?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laraa__xx

Reaction score
I had shellac nails done in a salon last Thursday morning.
Since then I have obviously been doing everything right including cuticle oil.
This evening a chunk has come off it. Is it too late to go back and ask for them to sort it? Or should I just chalk it to experience?
Thanks xx

Hmmm... There's nothing to stop you contacting the salon but to be honest if someone contacted me pretty much a week on I'm not sure there would be much I would do - perhaps a gesture of goodwill replacement of the nail but that depends.

My tutor that taught me l&p always said to allow 3 - 5 days as the client will have washed her hair, done household etc by then so I generally apply the same rule to Shellac

x

Thanks for the reply. I agree I don't wanna be cheeky! :/ I was planning to book in soon for removal anyways. I know I'd be a bit annoyed if someone came to me. I think I just needed someone else to clarify it for me! Thanks! Xx

I had shellac nails done in a salon last Thursday morning.
Since then I have obviously been doing everything right including cuticle oil.
This evening a chunk has come off it. Is it too late to go back and ask for them to sort it? Or should I just chalk it to experience?
Thanks xx

I would call and explain. If you have done everything right, wore gloves when doing washing up etc applying cuticle oil then they should have lasted longer. I know there are people who wear gloves when in the shower & washing their hair but I personally think that should in no way compromise your nails. Not everyone can wear shellac, gel etc it might even be your nails or it could in fact be that they were not applied properly. it could be someone still in training, if so they need to know hth xx

Thanks skindeep72 I've been really cautious tbh cos I was worried. But every other nail is still perfect. The only problem is it shows how quickly my nails grow. I may just call up and see what they say. Xx

I would phone up for the one repair but be expected to pay a small fee.

As I went to bed they were all lifting!!! So I know I am naughty but I pulled them off. Just because I didn't wanna catch them in my sleep. (Slapped bottom) :( xx

They were all perfect but by bedtime they were all lifting? I don't think so. You got picking at the regrowth that you didn't like and peeled them all off. I've done it and so have most of us ... When one goes, we pick the rest in pretty short order. Once you start you can't stop. And it's possible to start any time even without a shred of damage ... Technicians need to remember that.

No they lifted from the free edge not the other end. Oh well it's a lesson learnt.

Latest posts

Back