Too much too soon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian H

Reaction score
So.. I've just qualified NVQ 2.
I don't drive yet so I can't do mobile and I live in a popular village where shops that come up are few and far between!
I've been offered a shop- not a beauty salon- it's basically a big room, a blank canvas, very little work needed, and the rent is minimal.... £40 a week!
I really want it, it's near my house, in route to school for the kids it's perfect.
But I'm so scared!
I've got a mentor with the princes trust that guides me through being self employed for the first 3 years do that's a bonus. I was thinking of opening October, and having introductory offers until Christmas just to build experience and clients. Am I totally mad? X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

So.. I've just qualified NVQ 2.
I don't drive yet so I can't do mobile and I live in a popular village where shops that come up are few and far between!
I've been offered a shop- not a beauty salon- it's basically a big room, a blank canvas, very little work needed, and the rent is minimal.... £40 a week!
I really want it, it's near my house, in route to school for the kids it's perfect.
But I'm so scared!
I've got a mentor with the princes trust that guides me through being self employed for the first 3 years do that's a bonus. I was thinking of opening October, and having introductory offers until Christmas just to build experience and clients. Am I totally mad? X

God, NO. You'd be mad not to! I stared working 3 days after I qualified ... It's the only way to go! :Love: make sure there is parking nearby ... Most important thing. Xx. If it feels right do it.

Jealous is not the word! I'd kill for an opportunity like that! Go for it! Echoing above, u would be mad not to!!!!

You have nothing to loose,
Practice every second you can just now

At that price u would be mad not to. How exciting for u!! :)

Definitely go for it!! I'm spending a few thousand doing up my home salon, even though I know further down the line ill probably need to spend the same on a salon, if I had that opportunity i would rather spend the money on somewhere knowing that ill probs not need to move for years and years. Go for it!! With a blank canvas you can do anything u like, decide ur branding and market and jump in. I probs pay more on gas and elec just for my home salon!! Xxx

Cheap rent and guidance for 3 years! Hello! GO FOR IT!!!

Good luck!!! :) I too am extremely jealous!

as said at that price you would be mad not to!good luck xx

definately not mad! I'm a believer in fate and something similar happened to me when I had just just finished training, I got offered a room to rent in a hair salon local to me and again the rent or percentage was minimal and they were very eager to have me after seeing my work, so I took the bull by the balls and the opportunity and said yes! I did have second thoughts about it being too soon, but I've worked there three saturdays now and already having to add an extra day as I've been fully booked basically all three times! I say do it! the oppotunity has come to you and was a bit of fate! Good luck with what you want to do and I'm sure by christmas you'll be buzzing with clients!

God, I am so jealous. I would love to have an opportunity like that.

Good for you :) xx

Just seen all these messages and cannot thankyou all enough for the support!
My partner isn't really interested and is showing zero support, and having u lot believe in me has given me the boost I needed! I guess I can now show /prove him wrong and get on with making myself a successful business! I've already done 2 sets of nails at home today and got another 2 to do so Im already getting clients!
Thankyou! Mwah :)

Oh and there is parking with it that can hold about 30 cars :) hopefully in years to come I can fill the carpark with clients when I have a team of technicians working for me ( getting carried away now lol) x

Absolutely go for it :)

Oh and there is parking with it that can hold about 30 cars :) hopefully in years to come I can fill the carpark with clients when I have a team of technicians working for me ( getting carried away now lol) x

no harm in thinking big hun!!(you never know)xx

Just seen all these messages and cannot thankyou all enough for the support!
My partner isn't really interested and is showing zero support, and having u lot believe in me has given me the boost I needed! I guess I can now show /prove him wrong and get on with making myself a successful business! I've already done 2 sets of nails at home today and got another 2 to do so Im already getting clients!
Thankyou! Mwah :)

My hubby wasn't overly interested when i started training, but now he's seen the designs i do , the happy clients that leave here he's all onboard with me and my nails!

You're very lucky, good luck xx

It's a shame he's not showing you support, but when you start doing well and 'are in the moneys' as my fiancee puts it lol, he'll support you :) And it's good your starting to get clients too! bet they will be pleased for you too.

From little acorns grow BIG oak trees.

Word of advice ... partners can become a little jealous of a woman's success ... Don't forget him in all the excitement ... believe you me, when the money starts coming in they get interested pretty quickly!!

So jealous Go for it!! :hug:

As said above you would be mad not to, just promise to keep us up to date and good luck x

Latest posts

Back