Tooth gems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlyfaye24

Reaction score
hi, do any of you do tooth gems and do many people get them done??
im ust thinking of little ways to expand my business!
ive never been asked for them but id imagine they would be quite popular with teenagers???

thanks x

I do them, trained with "tooth fairy", if promoted well then can be a good extra!! I'm unfortunately no teenager, lol but I have one on & have had now for 18mths -2yrs!! Find mine last really well!! Love them & always get good feedback! I'd be lost without it, feel naked, lol!! HTH :)

I do them, trained with "tooth fairy", if promoted well then can be a good extra!! I'm unfortunately no teenager, lol but I have one on & have had now for 18mths -2yrs!! Find mine last really well!! Love them & always get good feedback! I'd be lost without it, feel naked, lol!! HTH :)

thats great thanks, i didnt realise they lasted that long! i might go and get one done somewhere and see what i think!
thanks

hi i do smile gems and yes it is good little earner but you cant apply them to any one under 16 years old. and like Leah said they can last up to 18 months, thats the only down side, but hay people do recommend me to there friends and thats where you get your income from. hope it helps:)

I think you need to look at your target client base and determine whether they are likely to want them. I've positioned myself at the top end of the market, towards ABC ladies with a high disposable income. They're so not going to want tooth gems! So, if you think your local demographic fits, go for it!

Mine has been on for nearly 6 (YES) years :eek:.

Why would you want to sell something that lasts that long! Wheres the repeat business? Agree totally with Calla here about looking at your client base, seeing what type they are and offering something to suit them better. What about spray tanning. Low investment, great profit and repeat business, and so eassy to learn! The system from the people at Couture is fantastic, and theyre nice folk!

I've never even seen one. How the heck do you apply them? lol

personally i wouldnt get one again, i have had them done a total of 3 times, one came off after 3 weeks, the other two had to be removed at the dentist after nearly 4 years!! and they had to fill in the little holes that were left in my teeth - not impressed! :cry: you also need to get insured to do this, babtac cover tooth gems. i am trained in applying myself as well. did a course at local college for £26 with Tooth Fairy but dont have a kit yet...x

I love mine had it on sinse last October and still as shiney now, i agree with Mikey dee about the repeat custom as they normally last a very long time,so if you only have afew clients and they had them and lasted a few years you get no repeat so to speak and you have laid all that money out buying the products.I dont offer them had it done a local salon, but if i did have a load of clients i would def offer it! good luck xx

Last edited:
How an earth do you get them off as i cant get mine off :-(

im in wlsall west midlands where do i train for tooth gems

Hiya,

I trained with Tooth Fairy but full kit doesn't come cheap

Gems last anywhere from a day to 10 years, it's all down to mouth acidity

Mine been on for over 2 years

It can be removed, dentist should be able to take off if you can't pick it off with a gentle tool

Easy to apply, cleanse tooth, apply the glues and stick pretty much

Won't really adhere to false teeth/veneers etc

Hmm, what else?

It'll appeal to anyone of any age who likes bling!

H x

Latest posts

Back