Top 3 things Salon Geek has taught me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rheanna

Reaction score
Like a lot of you i'm sure I'm so grateful to this forum & have learnt sooo much, just thought I'd have a little fun & also express my thanks by posting the Top 3 (of about 50 :biggrin:) things i have learnt from Salon Geek

1. Oil under wax - what a difference it makes from such a little amount
  2. The difference between cuticle & eponychium - what to take off & what to leave well alone - who knew - i certainly wasnt taught this!
  3. Waxing - so much but i'll go for back wax - never had a clue - again not something you have to pass so not ness taught :rolleyes:
What are the Top 3 things Salon geek members have taught you?

Thankyou all xx

I'm with you on 1 and 2. I wasn't taught either of these, though I was at college 20 years ago now.

As for number 3, you're never alone. I've made some great contacts on salongeek, people I can really turn to if having difficulty, and I know that if I post, I'll get some genuine help.

1. That there are some amazingly helpful, friendly, selfless and talented people out there willing to share and help others.
2. To add Shellac to my treatment menu after reading all the rave reviews - I have to try and hold myself back from raving so much about it, as it is just the most incredible product and the results speak for themselves.
3. When I thought my spray gun was broken, and was about to have to send it back to be looked at: when a geek told me to check something and hey presto..........all working!

1. That peroxides don't make permanent colours semis, they have different molecules.
2. To lower my peroxide strength with my bleach.
3. That everyone doubts themselves sometimes.

:Love:

1. That peroxides don't make permanent colours semis, they have different molecules.
2. To lower my peroxide strength with my bleach.
3. That everyone doubts themselves sometimes.

That's an honest and genuine answer

To lower my peroxide strength with my bleach.

Completely agree with that as number 1
2 Purology - as a un-natural redhead it has changed my life
3 People in the Hair, Nail, Beauty Industry are helpful and supportive way beyond belief - I knew the old lie about bitchiness was a lie, but it has amazed me how helpful, honest and open everyone is at SG

DON'T Laugh!!

1. Patience (most of the time) when replying to questions.

2. That you actually can make meaningful lasting friends even if you only meet on the web.

3. That people can easily make the wrong judgments about others because the tone of written words can be so easily misinterpreted!

DON'T Laugh!!

1. Patience (most of the time) when replying to questions.

2. That you actually can make meaningful lasting friends even if you only meet on the web.

3. That people can easily make the wrong judgments about others because the tone of written words can be so easily misinterpreted!

Sorry Gigi, but I did LOL!

I have to agree with you completely about no.3. That was a lesson I learnt early on:hug:

My three

1. There is a wealth of information here, from a very talented bunch of people.

2. The search button facility is my new best friend.

3. Support is here from many people for everything not just the professional areas.

That there is always somebody who can help

The best advice on brands

And agree with the number 3 above x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

haha these are all really good answers that made me smile, what a good thread.
There is so much i could name i've learnt so much and met some nice people also, my list is endless, but here are a few

1, getting a website
2, flirties expert lash glue
3, minx,shellac and gelish

lets hope we can all help helping each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
much luv mwah xx

[*]The difference between cuticle & eponychium - what to take off & what to leave well alone - who knew - i certainly wasnt taught this!

I second that we wasnt taught it either

1 Educating your self never ends there is always some thing new to learn

2 research. Good comanys and with good repeutaions are good for a reason buy cheap bye twice :wink2:

3 The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything."

I learned this the hard way I was so scared to practice on someone encase i did it wrong It took my ages to understand that everyone starts somewhere and you learn with each set .
I could go on and make a list of about 20 lol

1. That this industry is alive and well and full of people who are passionate about their subject

2. The industry is advancing at lightening pace which is hard to keep one step ahead of. This site helps.

3.People on t'internet are generally nice, kind and willing to help.

This site is amazing and I have learned lots. Top 3:

1. Things have REALLY changed since the 80's. One no longer needs a 100 grit file to prep the nail bed for enhancements. :eek: There are so many new and innovative products in the industry.

2. The world is really a lot smaller than it used to be. I can sit on my sofa and communicate with geeky friends across the pond. AMAZING!

3. Although we may have differences and different opinions our goals are basically the same: we all want to be the best we can be.

Great thread! :hug:

Latest posts

Back