Trainee hairdresser in need of help with colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaileyLou

Reaction score
Hey! I would be very grateful for some advice on this!.. I have a client who has naturally strawberry blonde hair (beautiful colour) she is very young and thought she looked ginger so decided to put BLACK XXL all over! She then cane to me very upset with her hair. I advised her to let it grow out as her hair was so porous and fine and she had bald patches from using glue in extensions and lots of straightening! She grew it out for 6 months and the black was nearly gone. There was about 3 inches of black left in her hair! She couldn't wait any longer and decided to buy a stripping kit and strip her hair herself! Except she didn't only strip the black she also stripped her roots and mid lengths which were her natural colour! So her roots went completely WHITE her ends went illuminous ginger! Her hair felt like straw! So she came to me and i bleach bathed the ends ( didnt touch the roots) and gave her a deep conditioner to sleep in. It is now a yellowish colour with white roots! What can i do next to get her hair all the same colour without putting red into it as she wants to stay blonde! She us very fair and blonde is the only way for her! Thanks for reading x

Anything you do might not even work cos her hair will be so porous at the roots! Semi's and quasi's would be the only thing I'd go near her hair with, even quasi might be a push depending on the condition. But it's likely that it'll wash straight back out again.

Porosity levellers and deep conditioning/restructuring treatments til the hair is in decent condition.

To be honest, she sounds like a nightmare and I'd be tempted to tell her to go elsewhere cos it doesn't sound like she'll be likely to follow any good advice for as long as required.

EDIT: Oh and don't promise any specific end result!

How old is she also? If shes under 16 theres not a lot you can do for her because of the new laws on colouring kids under that age.

Latest posts

Back