Trainee needing some colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vixen100

Reaction score
I have bleach blonde hair, my hair is naturally medium brown, i have just bought some colour 6 chestnut/medium brown hair extensions and am wanting to dye my hair to match. What would be the best colours, I would like to use semis and obviously i need to fill the hair before, what would be the best filler colour? thankyou!!!

I have bleach blonde hair, my hair is naturally medium brown, i have just bought some colour 6 chestnut/medium brown hair extensions and am wanting to dye my hair to match. What would be the best colours, I would like to use semis and obviously i need to fill the hair before, what would be the best filler colour? thankyou!!!

Hi, are you a hair pro ? if not we would be breaking salon geeks rules if we gave professional advice to a non hair pro ....
also if your not trained in hairdressing or extensions you would be far better going to a salon to have it all matched and put in by a fully trained professional hairdresser who is also fully trained in hair extensions
hth

yes i am a trained in both aspects, but have had kids since and am a little rusty!1

yes i am a trained in both aspects, but have had kids since and am a little rusty!1

Hi it's always hard colouring your own hair even if you are an advanced up to date hairdresser ,
and it's pretty hard to advise without seeing it the condition etc
chestnut sounds really nice but if its highly bleached and porous it could still grab easily and go a bit flat and khaki looking

It's far better to let another hairdresser colour it for you because its going to be quite a big job.... plus it involves colour correction which will need careful application around the back etc.
What about letting the level three girls do it for you in college ?
They are always needing advanced colour correction work ;)

Also it may be better to get your own natural hair to a colour you really love first ,
and then match up the extensions afterwards,
just so you wont be messing about trying to get a colour match .

Latest posts

Back