training advice pls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carter

Reaction score
hi..i'm looking to get a qulaification in manicure/pedicure and gel nails. I want a good qualification which will allow me to set up moblie or work in a good salon...i've tried researching courses and training centres myself but am confused! I thought i'd found a good one at the Carlton Institute then read bad reviews...somebody else told me LCN is the best? The qualifications are confusing too...CIBT? VCTC? NVQ?

I live in Peterborough but don't mind travelling to Lomdon.

Can anybody tell me the best company or training centres to go to please?

You need to be trained by a company that is well respected in this industry,
CND are number one,
give sweet squared a call for all information and a training brochure,
0845 210 6060 :hug:

You need to be trained by a company that is well respected in this industry,
CND are number one,
give sweet squared a call for all information and a training brochure,
0845 210 6060 :hug:

totally agree, can't beat their training and quality of products.

Good luck:hug:

I am a salon owner and I can't tell you the nightmare I've had with 'qualified' staff. I am becomming increasingly concerned about the colleges urgency to whizz young girls through their modules and help them get it all looking good on their CV's. I interview by asking the girls to bring a model and french polish one hand and paint the other bright red. You wouldn't BELIEVE how many third year students can't do it! I much prefer to teach girls myself so they work to my standards. Are there any reputable salons around that you could ask about an apprenticeship? Then you'll learn from the best and not be turfed out of some beauty college where you feel like a jack of all trades and master of none. Hope some of that makes sense - I'm tired!!!
Good luck xxx
By the way we use Young Nail products which are amazing. Google 'Distinctive Nails' St Annes or Blackpool. Their training is fantastic

I would definetly recommend CND as your trainer.
I am currently doing a foundation course in L&P which I finish on the 23rd of this month and I have loved it.
The trainer-Denise is fantastic and im sure if you trained there you wouldnt be dissappointed in the slighest.
Good luck with your choice though.

I am a salon owner and I can't tell you the nightmare I've had with 'qualified' staff. I am becomming increasingly concerned about the colleges urgency to whizz young girls through their modules and help them get it all looking good on their CV's. I interview by asking the girls to bring a model and french polish one hand and paint the other bright red. You wouldn't BELIEVE how many third year students can't do it! I much prefer to teach girls myself so they work to my standards. Are there any reputable salons around that you could ask about an apprenticeship? Then you'll learn from the best and not be turfed out of some beauty college where you feel like a jack of all trades and master of none. Hope some of that makes sense - I'm tired!!!
Good luck xxx
By the way we use Young Nail products which are amazing. Google 'Distinctive Nails' St Annes or Blackpool. Their training is fantastic

I agree with what you are saying (I am currently a college student!) and I have decided I want to train with EzFlow, I was going to go with Young Nails but I think I have decided on EzFlow, depending on the final cost.
I feel like I am part of a 'conveyor belt' kind of thing because I wasn't getting the help I needed, and threatened to quit and my tutor said 'I am not allowing you to quit, my progress sheet has dropped already because one other student left' but then some of my problems were sorted out....
I would love an apprentiship but no salon's here will take on unless you can do acrylics!

Latest posts

Back