Training, Distributors & Insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Ive been doing a lot of thinking lately with all the threads about training and courses and whats accredited and whats not and what your insurance covers or doesnt. Also what does your distributor offer you in terms of customer service, updates, skills etc etc

If you had a wish list for what you wanted what would it include.

Customer service is always a priority for me with any company that I deal with. If there customer service is excellent then I know I am getting value for money.

Updates on new products is a must. One company I deal with never send out updates and I always get to hear about them from a thread on here. I would like regular customer updates with products etc. Doesnt have to be every money could be quarterly !!! Am I asking for too much.

Training - what do they offer, what does it include and why !!! If I do a course with them will I be covered with my insurance company. Will they check my certificates to see I am competent. I hear of so many people that train to do a disapline that they clearly havent done the pre requisite course form. And wonder why they give up a few months in.

Updating your skills is also something that I feel strongly about. Techniques change and its always good to update your knowledge and pick up new tips. Knowledge is a great thing in this life.

So what is it that you feel strongly about with regards to what you want from your supplier in terms of what they do or dont offer at the moment. I am always bugging one of my suppliers for more regular updates - I want to hear about products and new colours from them no one else !!!

personally, I love it when a company I don't deal with randomly send me a trial size of a new product in an attempt to get some custom from me - ok, so this is an issue less to do with compnaies I already deal with, and more to do with companies that I don't, but theres nothing like getting tactile with something new - emails and newsletters just don't do it for me anymore!

I like to be kept informed of new training classes and new techniques - but this is one area that Lincolnshire is greatly let down in, I don't object travelling to train, but I would do more if it was more accessable to me.

My insurance company is excellent in terms of customer service, so I am quite happy with that - so far! :)

In terms of training I expect any course I do to be accredited training which will provide me with competent, up to date training that is certified at the conclusion - providing I am indeed competent. There are too many companies/colleges that pass students willy nilly when they don't have the correct level of skill.

Also there are many courses out there that attempt to train too many people at once when the tutor's attention can't possibly be spread that thinly!

I would like regular updates from my suppliers either by email or snail mail informing me of new products and when they are available and like Tracey don't want to find out about new products etc on here.

One company I use have only ever contacted me once following my initial purchase with them and every other time I have had to pester them for information.

Another bug bear of mine is companies that don't ever respond to your telephone calls when you make an enquiry in these instances they don't usually get my business.

Latest posts

Back