Training- learn from home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
If you can't commit to a serious course with an instuctor to learn the basics of doing nails then I dont think youcan be that serious about the business of doing nails.

A distance course may be a foot in the door but it will not train you to be a true competitor in the market against those who have committed themselves to the art and skills required to do a professional job.

Sorry if you were seeking validation of your plan but that is the way it is.

Home learning can actually be a lot harder than attending a course because you have to find out things that would be easier to access at college/a training academy where it is easier to ask your tutor for advice and feedback.

If I were in your shoes I'd look for a part time course. Starting out on a manicure/pedicure course would be a good starting point and then you could do add on courses after this such as nail extensions.

Hope this helps and best of luck :)

I self-trained for a while via the NSI website, with a hand trainer, I then hummed and aaahed about a home learning course. I've 4 children, 1 special needs and was really struggling to find the time to go to a college setting.

I decided against this however, because it would've just been more of what I'd already been practising. I also saw the benefits to be had by having a living, breathing tutor beside me. I'm so glad I did. There are lots of things that you just can't learn from a home study course.

However, I don't agree that if you do choose a home study course, that you're not serious about becoming a nail technician!

If this is the only way to go for now, then go for it, but I'd recommend a conversion course as soon as you're able.

I'm going to convert in the new year, but haven't decided on which supplier yet.

I am however, booking a manicure course, this tuesday, via................. home learning. It will satisfy my needs for now, I've done a couple of days already but theres not a diploma just an attendance certificate.

Once I have this, I'll add that to the list when I convert.

Don't be put off, if home learning is the only option open to you at the moment, but I'd suggest using it as a stepping stone though.

Oh and be prepared for an addiction that may probably take over your every waking minute lol :D

Any advice on whether I should train to be a nail technician from home?

I am juggling a busy lifestyle and I don't think I can go away for 5 days to learn.

Nail Technician Home Study Course for just £320: Study at Home with UK Open Learning Distance Learning Correspondence Courses

I have found this course, is an NCFE Level 2 recongised for insurance etc?

I would wait until you have 5 days set a side for training. I'm not sure you would learn the true art of a nail technician from home. Sweet Squared courses provide Creative training And I think the fourth and fifth day are split up between a few weeks, so it's not as if you gave a whole week leaving your busy lifestyle to one side.
However, if you're wanting to be a successful nail technician a d provide the best of services you possibly can I dot think leaving you're things to one side for one week is a big deal, infect in the long run I think it'd be pretty much worth it. :hug:

Xxxx

However, I don't agree that if you do choose a home study course, that you're not serious about becoming a nail technician!

If this is the only way to go for now, then go for it, but I'd recommend a conversion course as soon as you're able
:D

I completely agree, if home learning is the only option for you at the moment then definatly get involved with a conversion course as and when you can xx

I beleive the course you linked may only be an Essential Nails course via a different provider. Why not contact EN direct and see what they have to say hun. I am training with them and beleive that any beginners course should only ever be a stepping stnoe to a life long and career long education :D

I started to train with Essential Nails and it was a good start.

I went onto a classroom course and found it much easier to learn with a course tutor. With the home learn you have no-one to turn to and show your work to.

Learning from home you will need to be self disaplined to sit and get the work done.
If you cant quite master something then theres no one there to just show you where you are going wrong.
And it depends on your learning style.
Courses you can make good contacts and friends.
Alot of courses you dont do 5 days in one hit.
I would look at what is available in your area and how it is structured before making a decision.

Latest posts

Back