Training problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haylez250

Reaction score
Hi guys, need a bit of advice.

Have been doing mani/pedi for a couple of years as well as Minx, Shellac and other beauty treatments... the only treatment I don't do is any form of extensions.

Was doing all my training as intensive courses with a girl who is really good down in Glasgow but decided as the nail extensions seem quite involved that I would train locally as an evening course over ten weeks.

The problem is I don't feel I am getting any training at all. I got given a DVD to watch, and each week I just turn up, muddle through and then leave. Some weeks the trainer has up to 8 or 9 people in 'training' but all at different stages and some doing different things (i.e. nail wraps or something). She only seems to speak to the one's that are already clients or friends and I am starting to hate it :(

I've done three sets of acrylics so far and haven't managed to get anyone back for infills as they have all lifted and come off. She doesn't give any feedback and I think even if I complain she actually doesn't have the skills to be able to teach.

Am now thinking I should just go to Glasgow for an intensive 2 days with my preferred trainer but have forked out all the money for this course already.

Thoughts???

I would take her aside and speak to her at the end of one of your days, if you have paid your money you need to be getting your moneys worth

xx

Latest posts

Back