Training Providers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEEKS_R_WE

Reaction score
I know this may sound like a silly question to ask but I'm training at the moment and the college is using NSI.
I see a lot of techs mention that they are so and so trained or so and so trained.
Does this mean that when I pass and get my qualification, I am NSI trained? or does this only apply if I actually have trained with NSI themselves?
And would I have to train with creative or ezflo (to name a couple) to to use their products?
Do different training providers have different methods of training?

I am new world of nails and finding it difficult to understand nail jargon and feel like such an amature as I don't have any clue as to what brands there are and types of brushes etc as there are so many.

My college hasn't explained stuff like that to me. I'm learning application at the moment and that seems to be going ok but I really want to gain more product knowledge and science behind nails.

I know some brands request a conversion course to get their products.

they will not really explain you all you did in college, just how to work out with the new products.
and some commercial buz, this is great because, that's the best product you can find because, etc ;);)

I know this may sound like a silly question to ask but I'm training at the moment and the college is using NSI.
I see a lot of techs mention that they are so and so trained or so and so trained.
Does this mean that when I pass and get my qualification, I am NSI trained? or does this only apply if I actually have trained with NSI themselves? No it means you will be college trained in nail services.
And would I have to train with creative or ezflo (to name a couple) to to use their products? You would be able to do a conversion course with most companies after you have qualified in college, only when you have converted would you be able to use their products.
Do different training providers have different methods of training? Yes, Creative for example have very high standards of education, much better than any college can offer.

I am new world of nails and finding it difficult to understand nail jargon and feel like such an amature as I don't have any clue as to what brands there are and types of brushes etc as there are so many.Just keep reading on here hun, you will learn loads and if you don't understand anything just ask.

My college hasn't explained stuff like that to me. I'm learning application at the moment and that seems to be going ok but I really want to gain more product knowledge and science behind nails.
You could buy a book by Doug Schoon, i think it is called product chemistry and it is all about the products and chemicals we use when doing nails,
you can buy this from Sweet Squared the Creative UK distributors, just give them a call on 0845 210 6060, they can give you some advise on training too while you are on the phone.

Hope this helps you :hug:

You could buy a book by Doug Schoon, i think it is called product chemistry and it is all about the products and chemicals we use when doing nails,
you can buy this from Sweet Squared the Creative UK distributors, just give them a call on 0845 210 6060, they can give you some advise on training too while you are on the phone.

Hope this helps you :hug:

Hi there! Yes, your answers have helped a great deal. Thankyou:hug:

Latest posts

Back