TRANSAX - Card Machine Operators

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
Has anyone used Transax? I am thinking of using them for my card transactions. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks! x

Wow - Transax, I last used them about 15 years ago to authorise cheques above the gaurantee when I worked at the Virgin Megastore!

For my cards I use 123Send. They are great - built in mobile phone so I can use the terminal anywhere in the country that has a basic mobile signal and I get the cash in three days.

Mat

If you're an FSB member you get much reduced rates on terminal hire and transaction fee.

Good point Lynne! Forgot to mention that ... I (Heart) FSB.

I (heart) you!
Sheesh!
;)

Cor Lynne, you are an inspration, you have got such a wealth of knowledge, I'll know where to come if I have a problem!

If you're an FSB member you get much reduced rates on terminal hire and transaction fee.
. . but if you're not - you have to add their fees into the picture too. I just don't know how to (heart) the FSB!

can somebody explain how this works? i really don't know anything about card machines/payments, but i would like to be able to offer a card payment service to my clients when i start up, if possible, though i will be going mobile are you able to take the card payment device with you or is it just for salon use? any advice would be wonderful. i'm sorry to hijack original posters thread.

edited to add: what's an fsb?
x

it's £100 a year for FSB membership and I get free business banking, reduced interchange rates, legal help and jury service payout (should I need it).
For me personally the benefits outweigh the costs, but it's a judgement call only the individual can make.

thank you for your reply! can you explain what business banking is and why you would need it?

as you obviously can tell i am completely clueless about this side of things. i shall def be looking into courses in the coming weeks, but it's never a bad thing to know as much as you can to start with is it? x

For me personally the benefits outweigh the costs, but it's a judgement call only the individual can make.

I couldn't agree more Lynne. Initially all the spare cash I could scrape from the back of the sofa went into marketing. But you've highlighted two interesting benefits that weren't mentioned by my rep, namely free banking and Jury service.

I shall give my local rep a call on Tuesday!

Jason. x

Latest posts

Back