Treatment prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GemL

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm newly qualified and want to get going now. I'm working on a price list but I'm really not sure what to charge! I work with CND so when shellacking etc I perform P.E.P (mini manicure). My friends have commented that the service takes longer, and most places don't bother with tidying the cuticles etc. I'm just wondering what you all charge??

Also soak off using shellac - do you charge for soak off's and how much? And would you offer another service while the client is soaking off?.

Gemma

I'm mobile too........should I be charging the same rate as a salon.x

Work out the cost to u for each treatment, how much ur overheads will be, what u want to pay yourself, and how much of a profit margin u want to add to each treatment. U can then work out how much u need to charge....also do some research into your area how much do salon and mobile techs charge? This should help u decide on the best price. But also remember if ur mobile to take into consideration the added time of traveling to each client. Hth x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I charge slightly more than I charge in the salon when I go to mobile clients and it's never been a problem. Many have said on the phone, before I even tell them the price, that they don't mind paying more because of the distance, time etc.

I don't go out just for infills though. I won't go out for anything less than £20. If they are quite a distance away then I tell them it will be more due to this.

If they can't be bothered to come to me then they pay extra for me to pack up, travel, unpack, do the work, pack up again and drive back to the salon. I tell them that if they come to the salon it would be cheaper. If they want my services anywhere else then the salon I pay rent for then they have to pay for the time I'm losing in not being there.

Thanks guys! Very helpful! I was thinking because I'd be mobile I should be cheaper but I can see your point! This is the hardest part of it all I think! Not great with working out how much things cost, I suppose things like acetone etc are minimal and I'm not sure how many treatments I'd get a bottle of polish etc! It's hard work, lol!! Let alone working out my hourly rate!Xx

I am nearly qualified and am looking at pricing myself. If I look at prices near me and charge competitively then there's no point in even starting up. A home salon on the same road as me has recently started charging £4 for everything they do. This includes gel polish, extensions, eyelashes, pedicure and massage!!
How do you compete with that? Though when I think about it the extremely low price wouldn't inspire much confidence in me and I'd probably avoid them. Shame the rest of the people round here would go for price over quality.

It can be like that round here too.....they want a good service but don't want to pay for it! At least charging more we should end up with higher clientele! Surely it's not worth their while for £4 xx

I set up a workbook on excel and spent a night researching salons around me and all the different treatments they offered.
I then made a spreadsheet for each treatment type so waxing, nail extensions, manicure & pedicure etc. within each spreadsheet I then split it off into relevant sections such as clear tips, nail repair, nail art.

Everything is in rows and columns and I just filled in all relevant information I could find. I then totalled each column up and found the average of all the prices. Obviously some salons didn't offer the same treatments so that brought the overall average down of that treatment cost.

I then sat and did my price list and went off there rounding up instead of down and looking at where I would fit in best.

Iv never had any complaints on my price lists and I take in good money every month.

HTH xx

I set up a workbook on excel and spent a night researching salons around me and all the different treatments they offered.
I then made a spreadsheet for each treatment type so waxing, nail extensions, manicure & pedicure etc. within each spreadsheet I then split it off into relevant sections such as clear tips, nail repair, nail art.

Everything is in rows and columns and I just filled in all relevant information I could find. I then totalled each column up and found the average of all the prices. Obviously some salons didn't offer the same treatments so that brought the overall average down of that treatment cost.

I then sat and did my price list and went off there rounding up instead of down and looking at where I would fit in best.

Iv never had any complaints on my price lists and I take in good money every month.

HTH xx

I did this as well! :D took me ages, but so worth it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll have a go at this :) xx

I don't go out just for infills though. I won't go out for anything less than £20. If they are quite a distance away then I tell them it will be more due to this.

If they can't be bothered to come to me then they pay extra for me to pack up, travel, unpack, do the work, pack up again and drive back to the salon. I tell them that if they come to the salon it would be cheaper. If they want my services anywhere else then the salon I pay rent for then they have to pay for the time I'm losing in not being there.

I have a minimum spend of £20 too, I do have treatments that are less than this, but they are additional treatments.

When you take into account that the average minimum spend on a return journey in petrol is approx £3, plus the cost per treatment, plus your wages and any other incidentals, it wouldn't be worth going out for.

This is why I don't understand it when I see therapists offering ridiculous deals - do the maths. :)

ps. I use Google Maps for working out my petrol costs.

I am nearly qualified and am looking at pricing myself. If I look at prices near me and charge competitively then there's no point in even starting up. A home salon on the same road as me has recently started charging £4 for everything they do. This includes gel polish, extensions, eyelashes, pedicure and massage!!
How do you compete with that? Though when I think about it the extremely low price wouldn't inspire much confidence in me and I'd probably avoid them. Shame the rest of the people round here would go for price over quality.

You dont compete! You absolutely don't touch with a bargepole :eek:

Charge what you're worth, add value to your services if you think you need to. Sell your USP - are the clients in the other 'salon' herded in and out? Do you give a full and thorough consultation? Are your nails completely customised to each client? If so, could you make a little theatre of that, and mix their colour up (if appropriate, of course) in front of them? Well, Mrs X, you're slightly cooled toned so I'm using this on you, we've discussed shape and you've chosen an almond - this shape and colour will beautifully enhance your hands and making, making them appear sleeker and more elongated. If you're doing a pedicure, offer them a mint tea in a pretty china cup to relax with in a nice, comfortable chair. If you can, turn the lights down a little. It costs pennies, but adds a whole layer of relaxation to their treatment.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - cheap services (mostly) attract cheap clients. You cannot build a sustainable business from cheap, you don't WANT a business from cheap. And never, ever, engage in a race to the bottom - it never works, it just means that both techs end up slogging their guts out, unable to pay their bills.

In fact, was it carlsberg that said reassuringly expensive? Sell it ;) Hang up all your certificates for everyone to see, sing from the rooftops about top notch and qualified you are. Make sure everyone can see your pictures.

If you get a service for free, or for very little, you're less likely to look after it - which means more work for the tech at the rebalance as well as having to charge insulting prices.

To the OP: I'm more expensive than the salons local to me, but then I provide a totally bespoke, private service in the comfort of their own homes. I don't rush them in and out.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back