Treatments for dry hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adeline87

Reaction score
Hello!
I am new on here and hope this post is ok!

Just a quick one...I have fine, but lots of hair and its very dry and coarse at the ends. Had a cut ast week and is a lot better, but still needs a boost! (i don't straighten it, but the cold weather and heating has made it horrible :( )

What's the best treatment to use maybe once a week?
In the past, I have worked in salons that use Kerastase and L'oreal, but not much else.
I have used:
Kerastase aqua oleum, oleo fusion, and some l'oreal one but not tried and TIGI or anything else? I didnt feel they were that brilliant.

Let me know your thoughts if you can, thanks!

Adeline x

OOH It has to be Kerastase I have used this product for about 3yrs now , Love it , I have coarse naturally curly hair well used to but now its smooth . I have used lots of different products in my 20yrs of hairdressing and never found a product like it , try Ebay for cheaper kerastase products , I leave the mask on overnight for optimum results .

Debbie

Nice posting ...

Garnier Fructis Haircare Triple Nutrition Fortifying Shampoo: For Dry to Over-Dried or Damaged Hair.......

This shampoo is so rich it feels like both a hair treatment and shampoo. This product contains Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, and Shea Oil which will make curly hair, dry hair and damaged hair very happy. The lather is thick and foamy and once the product is rinsed out, hair will feel almost like it doesn't need a conditioner. However, although this product is very moisturizing it doesn't help entangle the hair a lot so a conditioner is still needed.

We hair pro's generally don't recommend ebay for pro products or fructis.

I rec either Redken smoothdown butter treat or pureology hydrate treatment.

Goldwell Dual Senses One Min Treatment...

Beautiful product and have been made to actually make ur hair feel soft and lush!
And only has to go on for a min... I hav fine hair but lots of it and very dry, I love it!
Even has a treatment for fine hair and is not heavy at all!
xox

Merlin hair treatments are excellent.

Orange moisturising treatment.
Central Balance treatment.
Botanical Plus treatment for fine limp hair.

There is a website but you cannot buy from the site unless you have a registered buisiness, reps ect. Not sure if you can buy from certain wholesalers.

Hi,
i've a strange one that worked for me.
went from black to blonde, then brown, then blonde and back up within months, my hair was disgusting and stood up like straw no matter what i used.

I shampoo'd beat an egg and mixed with olive oil put it on towel dried hair, left it for 15 mins. i then washed x2 and conditioned with warm water (dont use hot or you'll have scrambled egg) and my hair actually fell when in a ponytail.

why this worked for me i dont know, but it did!
anybody got any ideas how it worked??

Pam

oh it also accepted colour better, more evenly. The ends had been fading too fast.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Will have to pick one and let you know how i get on, thanks :) x

just to throw another one in there, I always have used the Joico K-Pak Treatment when my hair has been feeling terrible from lots of bleaching, and it's worked wonders for me! I can't seem to get hold of it now though :(

I would recommend the pureology stuff i have the shampoo and conditioner and my hair feels lovely! i still cant use the tiny amount like everyone else but im working on it!

Im thinking of ordering the pureology mask next :D

persianista- im so glad u made that vital point about ebay and fructis. . . :mad:
i would recoment tigi fast fix leave in conditioner and also tigi s factor range, very mouisturizin, especially the health factor range x

persianista- im so glad u made that vital point about ebay and fructis. . . :mad:
i would recoment tigi fast fix leave in conditioner and also tigi s factor range, very mouisturizin, especially the health factor range x

Had to say it! Fructis is like slime! eBay has my nicked stock on it I think!
There are so many fantastic pro products that are used and tested everyday by all the hair pros on here that there is no need for slime/ fakes/ concoctions.

Had to say it! Fructis is like slime! eBay has my nicked stock on it I think!
There are so many fantastic pro products that are used and tested everyday by all the hair pros on here that there is no need for slime/ fakes/ concoctions.

if this was facebook, i wud "like" this comment

hiya try lanza truma treatment it fab x

hey have you tried ;'oreal vitimeno colour conditioning treatment? its smells lush and works really well. :)

Latest posts

Back