Trendy Nails wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelleymclapo

Reaction score
Hi all,
Ive just got some Trendy nail wraps from NSI, Ive got some on my toes at the moment which i LOVE!!!

Would like some advise from Trendy users.....Do you put Gel/Acrylic over your wraps? How long do yours last? Do you buff off when removing?

Also, as im new to a salon (renting a desk), do you think i should buy a load in (only got 4 designs at the moment) OR give my clients the option of ordering the colour they want...with notice of course lol xxx

Thank you in advance for any advise you can give xxx

Shell xxx

I was thinking of ordering some of those.

What are they like?

Are they easy to apply? How do you apply them?

:)

I was thinking of ordering some of those.

What are they like?

Are they easy to apply? How do you apply them?

:)

Hiya, they are really easy to do, They are a little bit thicker than i expected, i was expecting something quite 'flimsy'. You heat the back (No need for a lamp, you can use a hair dryer) then apply to the nail cuticle end first and use a cuticle pusher to smooth out....trim the free edge, file....and DONE X Well.....Unless you want to apply acrylic or Gel....Im waiting on feedback lol xxxxx

you can apply them in the same way as minx. if you are going to use tnw then order a few different ones in and offer the ordering service as you can only order a min of 3 sheets!! i personally wouldnt use a hairdryer on a paying client as i think it looks cheap (thats my own opinion)

prep nail, heat wraps apply, allow to cool, file free edge - done!!

you can apply gel or acrylic over the professional cut ones. look on their website it has directions.

hth

I have trained on Minx nails, at Ellisons in Coventry, it took a while to master this, I love it for toes, but doesnt always look perfect, due to different clients toe nails, hated using the Silver and Gold as shows every imperfection but the pattern ones are fab, i have been trialing Trendy wraps and find these are a lot thicker when on the nail, not sure if i like them against Minx which are a lot thinner.
Trendy is easier to apply (due to Thickness) and if you can master it, Better value for money, as you can get two full sets and some spares, Asi type i have a trendy on my thumb and a Minx on the other and i think the Minx looks more natural sitting on my nail the Trendy seems to be slightly raised at cuticle and side walls probably due to the thickness any comments gratefully received.
thanks x

Do you trim the ridge thats all the way around them on the trendy nail wraps or leave it mine arrived yesterday they look cool.

I also brought these to try and love them im trialing them on myself first before i offer them to clients. I found them very easy to do and i love the finish and dont think they are thick looking at all but from what ive read about them some of the designs are.

you can apply them in the same way as minx. if you are going to use tnw then order a few different ones in and offer the ordering service as you can only order a min of 3 sheets!! i personally wouldnt use a hairdryer on a paying client as i think it looks cheap (thats my own opinion)

prep nail, heat wraps apply, allow to cool, file free edge - done!!

you can apply gel or acrylic over the professional cut ones. look on their website it has directions.

hth

How do you heat them if not with a hairdryer?

How do you heat them if not with a hairdryer?

I would assume, they would say to use a heat lamp. I have only done these on myself so far, and really like them, i used a hair drier....as per instrustions...for just 3 seconds on the adhesive side x

Hows everyone else liking them?? X

Just applied mine and I love them I dnt think there to thik either. I will add a photo to show this wk.

I've done mine and love them
I used as hairdryer but applied over L&P rather than under and applied glaze n go over, just incase i didn't like them as i thought they will be easier to remove and change,
pics in my album

I've done mine and love them
I used as hairdryer but applied over L&P rather than under and applied glaze n go over, just incase i didn't like them as i thought they will be easier to remove and change,
pics in my album

Just had a look and they look really nice :)
Did you get pro-cut or cut them yourself? X

i use blixz nail wraps ,i use an infared bulb which i bought in a pet shop (people use them for kepin reptiles warm)i put the bulb into a fexible lamp stand i bought from ikea and it works brilliant you and it probably cost me 5% of what some companys are charging for a branded infared lamp

i use blixz nail wraps ,i use an infared bulb which i bought in a pet shop (people use them for kepin reptiles warm)i put the bulb into a fexible lamp stand i bought from ikea and it works brilliant you and it probably cost me 5% of what some companys are charging for a branded infared lamp

OMG what a fab idea! Esspecially for someone like me just starting out....nice to save a bit of cash lol x x Thanks for the tip.... XXX

I've used Trendy Nails and Minx, I used Trendy before Minx and found them very easy to use (I used a hair dryer) But have been looking for a lamp, that's a great idea with the flexi lamp. The Trendy Nails lasted, I only took them off after 4 weeks for a change. They are thicker than Minx but don't look thick on. Minx are also great love the metallics. I think Trendy are slightly better value, they are rounded at both ends, so easy to use cut in half.:)

Having had my wraps on a couple of days I do have to say im not so sure there already lifting and look cheap like stuck on stickers, not sure if im not applying them correctly but will try them again and see what I think.

Hows every1 else getting on with them?

Having had my wraps on a couple of days I do have to say im not so sure there already lifting and look cheap like stuck on stickers, not sure if im not applying them correctly but will try them again and see what I think.

Hows every1 else getting on with them?

I think there great........just have to master it first :hug:

Hi

I would like to get hold of some Sassy Thing nails wraps from TNU but want them specifically for toes. I believe they do 3 cuts Pro, Get Nailed and Foot Fetish but I don't seem to be able to find anyone who does the Foot Fetish ones - can anyone help as recently I had to use Get Nailed and piece them together to cover the big toes and it felt really unprofessional.

Need them fairly quick as have people booked in wanting this particular design

Hi

I would like to get hold of some Sassy Thing nails wraps from TNU but want them specifically for toes. I believe they do 3 cuts Pro, Get Nailed and Foot Fetish but I don't seem to be able to find anyone who does the Foot Fetish ones - can anyone help as recently I had to use Get Nailed and piece them together to cover the big toes and it felt really unprofessional.

Need them fairly quick as have people booked in wanting this particular design

have you tried blix ??? they are fab :lol:

Latest posts

Back