Trickys tips help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tricky

Reaction score
Hi i am finding my tips are flairing out at the free edge slightly, i am wanting to bring them in but i am finding i am knocking out the under arch by doing so. Do any of you nail geeks have any tips in helping me with this problem

thanks xxxx

Hi hun only me lol,

Aslong as your tips aren't too big for the nail, i would try other tips, or pinching to bring them in. what tips do you use xx

Hi hun only me lol,

Aslong as your tips aren't too big for the nail, i would try other tips, or pinching to bring them in. what tips do you use xx

velocity tips clear and well less cheepo's and no my tip fitting is perfect lol i cant pinch coz gel just seems to spring back a little

i am probebly being just really picky with my work and not many would notice i want to be happy with my tipping and i am not just yet lol

OOh I do this too, It's really annoying ,
I pinch mine, but as you have said you cant do this...
good thread hun im looking forward to the reply's xx

Im not sure this will be any help, but my educator taught me to hold the file straight up to the side of the nail when filing so you are just taking away sides no under arch, do I make sense, so that your file is not at all angled, dead straight butting it up against the side of the tip?!

I was taking the under arch away for ages until she showed me this on skillbuilding!!

I do pinch sometimes, but now Ive learnt to do this I dont need to often!

Not sure Ive described myself well enough! And I hope Ive helped a tad! xxx

Im not sure this will be any help, but my educator taught me to hold the file straight up to the side of the nail when filing so you are just taking away sides no under arch, do I make sense, so that your file is not at all angled, dead straight butting it up against the side of the tip?!

I was taking the under arch away for ages until she showed me this on skillbuilding!!

I do pinch sometimes, but now Ive learnt to do this I dont need to often!

Not sure Ive described myself well enough! And I hope Ive helped a tad! xxx

this sounds perfect i will have to practice the way i am holding my file but i think you are spot on here thank you xx

this sounds perfect i will have to practice the way i am holding my file but i think you are spot on here thank you xx
Absolutelt no problem, Im glad Ive made sense to you and that hopefully will have been of some help! xxx

I always file off the little ears that hang over the edge before I apply the tip (or have I got the wrong end of the stick???) I don't file the sides, just the bits that hang over where the contact area is.

are you tapering the tip slightly to allow room for the product once its applied ? this usually helps prevent flaring.

i do the same thing as hayls.i keep my file straight up on the side of the tip.thats always been enough for me.if they seem to flare out still once you have applied your product then it could be that there to much product in that area rather than the tips flaring out if that makes sense.hth:)

Latest posts

Back