Tried to do something right :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would ring back and ask to speak to a supervisor, You did the right thing how the hell can a dog move about in a people carrier ffs whats there game.

I thought I would call the SPCA and speak to someone well I am now wishing I didn't the woman was horrible to me more or less said that this was a fine situation for a dog to stay in and as long as a window was open then........:eek:

I would say you need to get a second opinion on this, it doesn't right at all to me.

And yes like its been said already you did do the right thing :hug:

I believe you did the right thing Karen :hug:

Many, many years ago I was in the same situation, but it was a child I knew was being uncared for...I wrestled with my conscience so much back then, but on hindsight I know I did the right thing calling the nspcc.

You may just have given someone the wonderful opportunity of taking care of the dog and relieving the owner of the pressure and responsibility x

wasnt a new law brought in a few years a go that a dog can only be kept in a car for a certain number of hours?

email rspca confidential or something see if you get anything better or instead of ringing your local one ring one in a different area if they agree with you explain it's not in their area but your local one refused to do anything.

I wonder if the stupid woman got the wrong end of the stick and maybe didn't realise that the dog was being kept permanently in the car - maybe she thought it had just been left there temporarily whilst the owner had nipped into a shop or something?
That's giving her the benefit of the doubt . . .
Definitely call back and politely but firmly explain (if necessary in words of one syllable so that they understand) the gravity of the situation, which is quite shocking. Tell them you expect something to be done about it at once as it's totally unacceptable. It's highly unlikely that the same woman will take your call anyway.
You did the right thing, believe me I would have done the same. Don't let one ignorant or confused call centre worker put you off or try and belittle what you have to say.
Well done you for taking a stand! :hug:

Did you ring back?
Have been thinking of that poor dog all day :sad:

Did you ring back?
Have been thinking of that poor dog all day :sad:
I rang back later and got a young boy who was very nice all he could say was it had been noted and they were sending someone to investigate and apologised if I was upset by the previous operator.
So fingers crossed this is going to happen, I am going to take a walk up past the car today just to see if its still there and if it is well I will be very disappointed but don't suppose there is much more I can do:cry:

Thanks everyone for your replies it made me feel so much better about calling :hug:

Hi there,

A few years back I also reported a vet for doing the same thing he left 2 greyhounds locked in his car all day every day outside my house, ok he let them out every few hours but I thought it was so terrible. I rang the RSPCA twice when nothing was done I asked my friends to also ring and report it. After my friends rang they must have paid attention and the dogs were no longer left in the car, although he still has them.

If nothing is done then ask family or friends to ring and report this then they will have to do something about it.

Andrea X

Latest posts

Back