Tried to do something right :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
Ok I am posting this to get everyones opinion :hug:

There is a man who is bedridden and lives in a hotel not far from me he owns a Greyhound and keeps it in a people carrier all day and night, it is taken out maybe twice a day by other people who live and work there.

I find this unacceptable and cruel I would never shut a dog in any vehicle for 5 min let alone hours or days.
I thought I would call the SPCA and speak to someone well I am now wishing I didn't the woman was horrible to me more or less said that this was a fine situation for a dog to stay in and as long as a window was open then........:eek:

They said as I called someone would have to investigate omg she made me feel so bad I know I will never phone about anything again:irked:

So what would you have done called or just left it??
:hug:

Would they find this acceptable if it was a child ? NO !!!!!!! I totally agree with you, I can understand that the man may love this dog, but surely if if loved it so much, he would want a better life for the animal ??

I would of done exactly the same thing !:hug:

i think you did the right thing.
it may be surviving but it must be so miserable. animals need company and stimulation.
they need to see it , ok it may be fine but it should be checked , it might have health problems that it needs help with.

and any way, the owner might be glad of a visit to get some advice and maybe the option of it going to a better home. it has a right to be cared for in the best possible way, whoever has it. its pretty selfish to sentence it to that sort of life for the rest of its days and the man might be agonising over how to change the situation.

That is really bad !
As they are the people who are backed by the law to deal with animal crewelty , And as companies over recent years have warned about dogs in cars you would think they would care a little more , if I wear you I would call back and ask to speak to someone who works there because they care!
You did the right thing like it was already said you wouldn't get away with doing that to a child so not an animal, don't feel bad though ,
If I wear you I would call back in a day ask what was done if your not happy with what they say call back anomouns <------ (Can't spell it or spell check it lol "with out your name") and report a dog howling in a locked car! That should get them out.

That's terrible...!!
Did you by any chance take the woman's name Karen..?? If you did I would phone back and report her...she is obviously in the wrong job and doesn't give a damn about this dog...!!! You did what any other human being would of done hun:hug:.

xxx

That's terrible...!!
Did you by any chance take the woman's name Karen..?? If you did I would phone back and report her...she is obviously in the wrong job and doesn't give a damn about this dog...!!! You did what any other human being would of done hun:hug:.

xxx
No I didn't I was so taken aback by her attitude I just wanted to get off the phone.9
I might be over reacting the dog might be happy and healthy but I personally feel (and am glad to see others feel the same :)) it is a living being and deserves a happy home with company :irked:

I would have done exactly the same thing, so please don't feel bad xx

Don't let one woman put you off calling ever again!
The woman is indeed in the wrong job!
I would call back and speak to somebody more senior (and hope to god it isn't her!)
It's not fair on the dog to live like that and you did the right thing reporting it.
Glad i didn't see it-would have been in tears :cry:

I too agree you did the right thing, I would however be calling them again to lodge a complaint about how your call was handled they will know which operator took it as they have call tracking systems, dont feel bad the poor dog deserves a better life what about getting in touch with Greyhound Rescue www.greyhoundrescue.co.uk send them an email maybe they will be more willing to look into it.

As Angelina said please don't let this put you off ringing in the future. Ring back and ask to speak to a more senior person. What they are doing is cruel even if they don't realise. Dogs need companionship as they are pack animals. And I may sound a little sad but dogs are a bit like children and need constant care and attention. Well done for ringing some people just ingnore it.

You definitely did the right thing!

Obviously she is just a moody old so and so. You never know, the investigators might agree with you (even if she doesn't) and take the dog to a home with a better quality of life.

Don't let it put you off. Well done xxx

You done te right thing, you done what any normal caring person would have done.
I think it is disgusting that she said it was perfectly acceptable as long as the window was open, she obviously wasn't thinking about the dogs state of mind! It's no wonder there are so many animals suffering if the people that report such things get treated like this argh it gets me so cross :mad:,
she wan'ts to be thankful there's people like you about!
I remember a good few years ago now my sisters cat had kittens and she was having trouble re homing them so she phoned the RSPCA for some help, the lady on the phone had that much of a go at her she ended up in tears so my mum got on the phone and gave her what for lol.
I too would report her to someone senior, she's got no right to make you feel like that especially when all you're trying to do is help!

Karen I would have done exactly the same thing and that woman would have been left in no doubt about what I thought of her attitude.
OMG I was getting angry just reading your thread, the uncaring witch!!!!!:mad:

Good on you for at least trying to do the right thing
:hug:

The RSPCA issue a leaflet and poster called "Dogs Die In Hot Cars". It is unacceptable to leave a dog in a car for any length of time. A car stood on a warm day can heat up like an oven and can be fatal for dogs (and children btw) within a short amount of time. She was definatly wrong to say it is acceptable to leave a window open. Even if it isn't a hot day it's still cruel and unsuitable, and how would she like to sit in a car with only the window open a tad! :irked:

I would call back and if you end up speaking to her again ask to speak to someone else and complain about her, she clearly doesn't give a hoot about dogs or she's plain stupid. So when it does get warmer and the dog is still kept in the car will she do something then? When it might be too late? It's good that some one cares though :hug:

RSPCA || News

I would call back and ask to speak to a superior anyway. You did the right thing babes xxx

I would have reported it also.

How can someone who is working for the welfare of animals have such an unacceptable attitude towards a member of the public who has been honest and brave enough to do the right thing.

If the situation is still continuing and you are unhappy with what you've been told, call back and ask to speak to someone in authority.

Well if they have to investigate it, let's hope that someone a bit more caring goes out to see this poor bored animal. xx

You definitely done the right thing Karen, I would have done the same.

I am shocked at her response to you. :irked:

This woman definitely didnt do the RSPCA's reputation any good!! I've read/heard that they are very money driven and some areas just dont bother their bum with any investigations!! I find rescue's dedicated to a specific breed are better than the RSPCA, but well done you! You definitely did the right thing :green:

Latest posts

Back