Trivia Game

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snugglepuss

Reaction score
Ok Sassy Hassy said in an earlier thread that she liked trivia - so hopefully you would like to join me in a game and add YOUR USELESS PIECE OF KNOWLEDGE :lol: to the end of his post - I'm gonna add a nail related piece of trivia - but you can add something of your own liking :green:

1 - The Egyptians commonly used henna to stain their nails. Red indicated the highest social class, and it has been said that Cleopatra was enamoured of her deep red-rust nail colour. Lower-ranking women were only allowed to wear pale shades - wearing the queen's colour resulted in death.

2 - Men weren't immune to nail decoration either, in ancient Egypt and Rome, military commanders painted their nails to match their lips before going off to battle.

There you go - who's next?

come on geeky ones where is your useless bit of knowledge :lol: :green: :lol:

If you put your foot, heel to toe, against your forearm, elbow to wrist they are exactly the same size :eek: :lol: :lol:

I can see you all taking your shoes off and trying it.....honest, it's true!!! LOL!!!!

A jiffy is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second. Thus the saying, I will be there in a jiffy
The only 15-letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable

You can do your nine times table on your fingers...

Hold you hands in front of you, think of a 9 x sum...say 9 x 3

on your left hand count in 3 (as this is your sum) fingers and bend that 3rd finger down. Then to the left of the finger you have put down is your tens...and the right of your bent down finger are your units....so you would have 2 fingers to your left...(20) and 7 fingers to your right (7)...so the answer is 27

obviously only goes upto 9 x 10....lol xx

Fanbloodytastic - yep I'm trying it out as I geek - oops mean speak :green: :green: :lol: :lol:

You can do your nine times table on your fingers...

Hold you hands in front of you, think of a 9 x sum...say 9 x 3

on your left hand count in 3 (as this is your sum) fingers and bend that 3rd finger down. Then to the left of the finger you have put down is your tens...and the right of your bent down finger are your units....so you would have 2 fingers to your left...(20) and 7 fingers to your right (7)...so the answer is 27

obviously only goes upto 9 x 10....lol xx

This did take a bit of working out doh - I dont have either hand that has 7 fingers until I read it again very slowly LOL.

111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

:lol:

Name a word in the dictionary, that uses ALL the vowels in the alphabet, INCLUDING "Y" in their correct order.

(I guessed this answer in class one day, teacher was stunned, I was 11 LOL)
Facetiously
:green:

Latest posts

Back