Trying to conceive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puddy89

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

So me and my partner have decided to start trying for a baby.
I stopped taking my pill 10 weeks ago. I know everyone is different but I just wondered how long it took people to fall pregnant?

It's so hard trying to not get to ahead of yourself thinking about this.

Also I'm struggling to work out when my next period would be due. I've had 1 withdrawal bleed and 1 period since I stopped. But I've always been on the pill so never had to worry about it before.

Would be great to hear from anyone.

Just relax and enjoy the practice!

Hi hunny took me 3 yrs too fall for my first she is going to be 4 in February and we've been trying from the word go for a second x sometimes it just takes longer than you expect as you said everyone is different I know it's very hard but try not too over think it too much as stress does affect it, I have a very irregular cycle which does make it hard to track you can get some great apps to help monitor cycles I use one called woman log and even with my erratic cycle after 7 years of data on it, it's actually quite accurate!
Xx if you wanna chat feel free xx

It took me 2 years to conceive my first after stopping the pill. But it finally did happen! It can just take time. Try not to get too obsessed with it like I did! We are trying for our second now and I am trying to be a lot more relaxed and have fun with it! X

I always wanted another baby and suppose i did think every month is this it ? The one month I started to change my diet and excercise ( tone my stomach) and didn't even think about pregnancy I ended up pregnant !! I'm 18 weeks tomorrow plus I was diagnosed with endometriosis so we never used anything for about 4 years !!! I honestly believe a balanced diet , right amount of exercise and being relaxed about it makes it easier X

It took me a few years with my first pregnancy then almost straight away with my 2nd and 3rd x

Took me 9 months. I know it's not a long time compared to some, but I did start to get anxious it wasn't going to happen, for some stupid reason, I assumed it would happen immediately! Eventually I told myself to relax and if I was lucky enough, it would happen in its own time. I did relax and stopped obsessing and I found out I was pregnant not long after!
I definitely echo what others say, try not to obsess too much about it (easier said than done!), I truly believe a relaxed attitude towards it makes it a lot easier! Good luck! Xx

Thank ladies, it's good to hear about other people's experiences! Just had to remind myself to to relax and take it as it comes! Xx

It's difficult however it's easy too focus on it but stress doesn't help x

Last edited:
First month with one, second month with the other. We weren't in a rush and just thougt "if it happens, it happens" and I honestly think being relaxed and not stressing about it must be key, as I've heard similar time and again

Easier said than done sometimes but good luck, hope all your dreams come true [emoji5]️xx

Well I stopped all contraception 6 months before trying to help get it out of my system. Currently been trying for 10 months with no luck as yet.

Although the longer it's taking the more chilled out about it I seem to be. I have decided to use this time to lose some weight And become a healthier me. So every month that it doesn't happen I think to myself that I now have another 4 weeks or so to focus on myself.

I stopped taking contraception in July and still nothing yet, I completely obsessed over it for a couple of months which doesn't help at all. I was going onto every pregnancy website seeing if I had any symptoms etc which didn't help either! This month though I am totally more relaxed about it and thinking well if it happens it happens. So I completely understand what you're going through but trust me it will happen eventually! Do make sure though that you are taking folic acid supplements if you are trying to conceive xx

I stopped taking contraception in July and still nothing yet, I completely obsessed over it for a couple of months which doesn't help at all. I was going onto every pregnancy website seeing if I had any symptoms etc which didn't help either! This month though I am totally more relaxed about it and thinking well if it happens it happens. So I completely understand what you're going through but trust me it will happen eventually! Do make sure though that you are taking folic acid supplements if you are trying to conceive xx

I've done the same! I'm always googling stuff. I've been taking folic acid but today have bought some his and her conception support from boots to try xx

You'll have to let me know how you get on with the supplements! I downloaded an app called get baby which was free to track my monthlys which is really good, it also gives you an indication when you might ovulate as well BUT you may not ovulate for a while because of the contraceptive pill, I've got my fingers crossed for you!! Xx

Will do, oh I'll have a look out for that app! Good luck xx

Forget ovulation kits etc just have lots of sex! We did it every other day and it worked for us xx

Just relaxed and all the best.

Download Ovia! Have a look at it it's really good xx

Took me a year after stop taking the pill it can take ages to get out of your system and my friend told me to download the app n I got pregnant a month later and I'm 35 weeks pregnant now also I was having loads of energy drinks before due to work commitments n I haven't had one in over 11 months now I think healthy eating n taking vitamins is important to I started to take pre pregnancy vitamins xx

Took me a year after stop taking the pill it can take ages to get out of your system and my friend told me to download the app n I got pregnant a month later and I'm 35 weeks pregnant now also I was having loads of energy drinks before due to work commitments n I haven't had one in over 11 months now I think healthy eating n taking vitamins is important to I started to take pre pregnancy vitamins xx

Hh congratulations! Thank you I'll download the app. We've started taking vitamins, really need to start eating healthy now though! Xx

Latest posts

Back