Trying to get more work during the week (daytimes)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
I am a mobile therapist and finding most work is on a weekend. This is all well & good but it creates problems trying to get childcare. Each week I am having a nightmare including questions from my family, what time will you be back etc.

I've managed to get my little ones into nursery and am raring to go. Ordered fliers from vistaprint.

My plan is to target the local area, most work is a drive away.

Has anyone any ideas whatsoever to give me inspiration?

I need to get the business established so come winter I will hopefully be busy (I know it dies down in winter but I expect to have SOME work lol)
and won't have to work for x pounds an hour for someone else.

Any ideas please??

Are you asking what type of potential clients or businesses to target? You could advertise with restaraunt owners and banks. I know a restaraunt owner that will go get a massage right after the busy lunch hours cause thats a stressful time of day for him. If a banker can go play golf in the afternoon, he might be interested in a massage once a week too. You could try to get in touch with a personal trainer in your area also. Trainers will sometimes go mobile and they have an awesome client base to work from too. She could advertise for you and you for her. Sometimes people also have strict lunch hours, some may have flexible so keep that in mind when talking to people, as you probably already know. Be creative and think outside the box as opposed to what therapists "normally" do. My trainer is opening a new gym next month and she is renting a room to a mobile massage therapist who will work there two days a week, so there is another idea.

Don't know if this is what you were asking about, but just some ideas for you.
Hope it helps.

The best clients to target for daytime custom is pensioners.

These are my best clients, the best way to go is to target up market caravan parks, typically the ladies live there all year round and are wealthy which often means genourous tips!

From my experience if you get a booking at a caravan park word will spread very quickly as neighbours are close friends.

Just an idea but it works for me!

The best clients to target for daytime custom is pensioners.

These are my best clients, the best way to go is to target up market caravan parks, typically the ladies live there all year round and are wealthy which often means genourous tips!

From my experience if you get a booking at a caravan park word will spread very quickly as neighbours are close friends.

Just an idea but it works for me!

What a great idea, also don't forget the mums at the nursery where your kids are they have the same free time you do.

Back on the pensioner idea don't forget bungalow land:lol: that is anywhere that has streets of bungalows most of these will be pensioners or people who no longer have kids at home and so have more disposable income.

Bungalow land he he PMSL!

What a good idea! I never thought about this market.

Stay at home mums like me is also a good one. Got a new client last week from a flier drop who's re-booked.

I'm soon to get some time to market my business and plan to go the whole hog!

I need sort of a strategy to help me move forward.

Thanks all!

ANy more ideas!??

oooh i am gonna go find my local bungalow land , haha wot a great idea !! thanks hun xxxx

I just don't offer weekends...then they have to come weekdays...:lol:...it works well actually as i do work till late Mon - Fri so many come after work. The weekend clients that i DID have prefer it now too...as they are free for weekends now too.

I do more clients in the evening than i do in the day....but as a few of my ladies retire this year that will change and they have said they want daytime apts.

Hi I agree just don't offer the weekends if you cannot do them. I used to work all over the place when I was younger thinking that I will get all the clients etc, but you only end up feeling resentful and run ragged. I offer a couple of late nights + daytime appts and Sat morning at a push as I have a young child. People will adapt to you if they want your service. Nobody has said no I cannot come - well not yet anyway. I find this a common mistake when people start working for themselves but it will end up being a problem if you do not set your working boundaries. :hug:

Thanks I will restrict my hours of business after I come back from holiday. Until then, I need all the Saturdays I can get lol!

I am going to carry on with pamper parties but do say two in four. That way I'm not asking people to have the kids. I feel like I am burdening them with my beautiful boys! I'd much rather be at home with them on a weekend!

yep i would stop the weekends

otherwise you will only end up with a client base full of weekend clients

i dont work sat / sun but work 3 late nights.

lol collin, i know that feeling. all these clients coming in telling me about their lovely holidays, and im stuck here, cant go anywhere because they need me. Thats another reason i dont work weekends. need some time to get away!!

if u have holidays your not allowed to have weekends off lol. :p

Can I ask what you do for a pamper party?

I live in a bungalow... and not one person in my street works, apart form me and my lovely boyfriend! Good thinking!

Hand flyers out at the school gates, and try toddlers groups.

I rarely get appointments before 3pm...

xx

I live in a bungalow... and not one person in my street works, apart form me and my lovely boyfriend! Good thinking!

Hand flyers out at the school gates, and try toddlers groups.

I rarely get appointments before 3pm...

xx

If they don't work, does this mean they are retired or unemployed? Would they be able to afford beauty/nail services?

I'm sure if there was less availability in the evenings & at the weekends, more people would book in during the day when you want them to. Not everybody works office hours which means there should be enough custom for the hours you want to work.

If clients want to see you badly enough, they will come in on your terms. (that's my experience anyway :))

Mainly retiered... but some are only in there 40's and they don't work, but they do have lovely cars and houses, so i don't think they are 'unemployed' in a bad way, i don't think they are bumming benefits.

Just to ad, i am only 23... i am not an oldie living in a bungalow! hehe...

My prob is, i live in a small town, so getting clients its hard enough anyway, never mind trying to get them during the day.

But i work for Wow Factor now so don't need clients during the day! :green:

Latest posts

Back