TS 50 gun-useful information

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this to help with my gun

TS50 Troubleshooting Guide

Q. The flow dial is turning all the way round, why is this?
A. The Air cap may not be screwed on properly. Tighten the Air cap ring fully and this will prevent the flow dial turning all the way round.

Q. How often should I clean the Helia Gun?
A. At the end of your spray Tanning session. We recommend if the gun is in use to clean at the end of the day and ensure parts are dried thoroughly.

Q. How often should I clean the needle?
A. We would recommend at the end of each day or at least once a week.

Q. How do I re-insert the needle?
A. Pull the trigger back when re-inserting the needle and tighten with the needle tool.

Q. What setting should my gun be on?
A. Each gun will be slightly different. We recommend testing each gun on couch roll before spraying onto your client. Open up the gun using the flow dial and scroll up until the solution is coming out at the correct requirement for you.

Q. After I have cleaned my gun, it wont spray the way it did on the same setting I had it on before, why is this?
A. The needle may not be screwed in completely after cleaning. Try and tighten the needle into position using the needle tool provided. Also ensure the Air cap ring is tightened fully.

Q. My gun is leaking, why is that?
A. After cleaning the needle, it must be locked back into position using the needle tool. Please make sure it is not loose. Also ensure on removing the needle not to damage the seal.

Q. How often should I clean my filter?
A. At least once a week. This can be cleaned in luke-warm water.

Hi all

I purchased the new TS50, and have just been practising with it, and this morning have sprayed my first customer - yippeeeeee - but I had a little problem: The gun leaked slightly from inside the trigger?!?!

Before using it at all, I watched the video and read the above Q&As, and went ahead and dismantled and reassembled my gun to get to grips with it.

I have just spent about an hour now re-setting up my gun, and trying desperately to stop solution from leaking out of the trigger area and it seems that although in the above Q&As it says to pull the trigger when you re-insert the needle after cleaning, that this infact seemed to be my problem - having dismantled and reinserted the needle without pulling the trigger the leaking seems to have stopped.

Holding in the trigger when putting the spray head back on yes, but not when reinserting the needle seems to have worked best for me.........

Anyone else??

Hello!Yes, I was taught to hold the trigger down when putting on the air head (lol) but not the needle itself, never had a problem with any leakage from the trigger. I have had a wee problem when holding the trigger down and putting the silver air head on the needle that its really stiff to get back on and doesn't pop up and down like it used to when I play with the trigger. I use the tool to get it off correctly, have cleaned it thoroughly and regularly and yet after I've tightened the needle and go to put the head on I have to really push it on and it really restricts the trigger range. Just me??? xxx

No problems with that I'm afraid, mine pushes back in easily but I have used very limited amounts of solution so far though, so maybe this is something to look out for - hope someone else may be able to help x

Hi all, love this thread, exactly what I needed as I was trained to use vertical nozzle but think horizontal logically works best!!

I do have a little question though about the setting of the needle. I used 3-4 but is it on a 3 when the 3 is sitting in the middle of the dial or at the bottom - towards the handle? Does that make sense? Lol

Stacey xxx

There is a little black tab on the handle the numbers line up with that. To be honest the numbers mean very little if the front ring is over tightened then the numbers on the back change. each gun is slightly different, 3 may work for you and 6 for another. just do the couch roll test, ie set up your gun untill your about 6 inches from the couch roll and the top layer is damp but the bottom layer is dry. at this setting you will achieve minimum overspray and maximum economy. when you spray your clients always get in realy close and follow the contours of the body especially all the way down the legs

Thanks so much. Very useful and helpful

Stacey x

Latest posts

Back