TS 50 gun-useful information

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the number your gun needs to be set on, is dependant on what solution you use and other things.

How fast you spray and how confident you are in your tanning routine will also have an effect on your gun settings.

Obviously if you are not yet confident you will be more hesitant in your strokes and will be most likely spraying slower so your gun would need to be set lower, as you get more confident you will speed up and you may need to higher your setting to allow enough solution through for your new pace.

Ah that makes sense. Thank you Baggy Bear. I will remember that for when i do speed up and there's not enough tan!! Is too much solution coming through (or maybe i should say me not spraying quick enough for the higher setting of the gun) the reason for a scaly fading tan? Xx

Ah that makes sense. Thank you Baggy Bear. I will remember that for when i do speed up and there's not enough tan!! Is too much solution coming through (or maybe i should say me not spraying quick enough for the higher setting of the gun) the reason for a scaly fading tan? Xx

Yes too much tan sprayed on one area of the body will result in a poor fading tan, it's called dha overload x

Thank you very much. This site is such a fountain of knowledge!! Thank you xx

Did 2 spray tans the other night and had my gun set on 4 with the toggle set on rugby ball on side. It worked great but noticed some overspray on kitchen units. This may have been due to the solution I used so next time will try it on 3/5. Will probably have to do a few before I get it right:) x

Sorry if I'm missing something but where are the number settings, I'm sure mine doesn't have them? Xxx

TS50numbers.jpg

Hi,

I done my Nouvatan training last thursday and trained with the old gun but got the new gun sent in my kit. Ive had my toggle on the the first setting - Vertical?! and ive had the settings on 2.5/3 - i am using and wasting so much product, i dont know what i am doing wrong and im really struggling with it. im using about 70/100ml per person. Scared to put my dial settings on higher cos then even more tan comes out and it also seems to run down the body?? I felt like i done really well in my training but since ive got home and started using the new gun i feel like im terrible at it!! help :-(

^ Turn it down lower then. You will use less solution! :)

Hi,

I done my Nouvatan training last thursday and trained with the old gun but got the new gun sent in my kit. Ive had my toggle on the the first setting - Vertical?! and ive had the settings on 2.5/3 - i am using and wasting so much product, i dont know what i am doing wrong and im really struggling with it. im using about 70/100ml per person. Scared to put my dial settings on higher cos then even more tan comes out and it also seems to run down the body?? I felt like i done really well in my training but since ive got home and started using the new gun i feel like im terrible at it!! help :-(

Try spraying on some kitchen roll there should be colour on the front but not wet at the back, if it is turn the dial down. Also check the screw cap at the front where the spray comes out (the bit in front where the spray patterns are, the rugby balls). I find the tighter that is the higher number I need to have it on say 4 and the looser it is the lower the number. I hope that makes sense!

I tried it on number 1 but was taking forever and I was still using loads of solution. Thank you,that does make sense, i bet when ive cleaned my gun ive tightened the front nozzle bit too tight so need to have it on a higher setting. I will try it on that. Im sure il get the hang of it eventually. Im just a perfectionist and want to be perfect at it straight away, i definately wasnt born with patience lol :) xxx

Thanks for all the info on this it was confusing can someone tell me where the front retaining ring is on the helia gun i want to see if i can loosen mine thanks

Just too add to this.. I have now started to advise people to set the gun as they like then to draw a line in nail varnish on the front retaining ring and onto the body of the gun.
this will ensure that when you rebuild the gun that the front retaining ring is back in the exact same position as before cleaning. and at the correct tightness to control the needle return spring. and that your dial on the rear will operate on the same number giving the same spray pattern.
I would like to add there is not a design fault with this gun its a cracking peice of kit but it is new and we as distributors are still learning how to get the best settings from it and solve problems when they happen.
We do cover this with people who train with us, but have had a few probs from people who have purchased machines as upgrades or not taken the training option on kit purchases. there is a link to a video of me setting up this machine here Nouvatan | Useful Resources

I got this to help with my gun

TS50 Troubleshooting Guide
Q. The flow dial is turning all the way round, why is this?
A. The Air cap may not be screwed on properly. Tighten the Air cap ring fully and this will prevent the flow dial turning all the way round.

Q. How often should I clean the Helia Gun?
A. At the end of your spray Tanning session. We recommend if the gun is in use to clean at the end of the day and ensure parts are dried thoroughly.

Q. How often should I clean the needle?
A. We would recommend at the end of each day or at least once a week.

Q. How do I re-insert the needle?
A. Pull the trigger back when re-inserting the needle and tighten with the needle tool.

Q. What setting should my gun be on?
A. Each gun will be slightly different. We recommend testing each gun on couch roll before spraying onto your client. Open up the gun using the flow dial and scroll up until the solution is coming out at the correct requirement for you.

Q. After I have cleaned my gun, it wont spray the way it did on the same setting I had it on before, why is this?
A. The needle may not be screwed in completely after cleaning. Try and tighten the needle into position using the needle tool provided. Also ensure the Air cap ring is tightened fully.

Q. My gun is leaking, why is that?
A. After cleaning the needle, it must be locked back into position using the needle tool. Please make sure it is not loose. Also ensure on removing the needle not to damage the seal.

Q. How often should I clean my filter?
A. At least once a week. This can be cleaned in luke-warm water.

Excellent info :)

The metal bit on my sucking up pipe ( very technical) in the container keeps falling off. Will this effect the tan? Not sure what this bit does but it keeps falling off.

The metal bit on my sucking up pipe ( very technical) in the container keeps falling off. Will this effect the tan? Not sure what this bit does but it keeps falling off.

Nope, it's just a weight for your pick up pipe xxxx

As said it won't cause too much trouble not having the weight in your pick up tube but if you find you prefer to have the weight in the bottom of your pick up tube then you can buy a hose clip (also called jubilee clips) to hold it in place from most diy shops or ebay but check the diameter on the pick up tube before you get one to ensure it's the correct size :wink2:.

Latest posts

Back