Tuggy hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolly22

Reaction score
Hello I'm from the beauty side with a question for you hair geeks. My hair is just sooooo tuggy all the time. It's quite fine hair but apparently I have alot of it, it's coloured with highlights but it's in good condition. I use redken shampoo and conditioner on it and I have it cut every 8 weeks roughly. I thought it was because it was long maybe but even my layered bits get really tuggy and they get a good inch cut off every time I would say. Any suggestions to why or what I can try? Maybe my hair is just naturally tuggy? I can't remember if it's always been like this but it's been bothering me recently.

Last edited:
What does "tuggy" mean? :eek:
x

Lol, I asked my OH this as he's scottish. From his description I think it means knotty.

After washing your hair, wrap your head in the towel and gently squeeze the excess water out but don't rub it. Then spritz a small amount of a leave-in conditioner/oil and comb it through with a large toothed comb.

OMG Ive just noticed these replies.

Yes it does mean knotty haha! I didn't realise tuggy was a Scottish word!

I don't rub my hair when wet I use a spray on it too. A lisap one I think it's called.

My hair is highly tinted and whether wet or dry, it feels full of knots (tuggy). Anyway, I got one of this Tangle Teezer brushes and it's like magic! Glides through the knots. X

My hair is highly tinted and whether wet or dry, it feels full of knots (tuggy). Anyway, I got one of this Tangle Teezer brushes and it's like magic! Glides through the knots. X

Kim, I have 5 hahaha! But I'm not wanting to know what to do with it, just why it's so tuggy. Is it a natural thing or what?

Seriously is it only us Scots that get tugs in their hair?

Kim's suggestion of using a tangle teezer is a really good one! When you brush it start from the ends of the hair and work your way upwards.

I have also heard a northern client say 'Luggy' before, I was like huh??

Straight fine hair tends to tangle more than curly hair. It has to do with the angles at which straight hair tends to rub together. I like to think of it like how your headphones always managed to get tangled together ;)

Tuggy lol! Tug is a name for something naughty my way so its making me laugh lol. We say knotty lol. But ye a good leave in cond and a tangle teaser x

I don't say tuggy, I call mine 'The Shredded Wheat'.

In answer to your question, I would say that it's a couple of things. Blonde colour and if you live in Scotland, it could be the wind. lol Seriously, when I go out in the wind my hair get's knotty.

Im near manchester & ive heard (& said) lugs... Or luggy lol! Not tuggy though :) xx

Tuggy where I am

I get screamed at every morning
" arghh not the tugs mummy"

Haha I know izzi! I thought everyone knew what tuggy was! Lol.

I think you guys are right, it will be all the wind. And that's interesting about straight hair. I guess I'll just have to live with it. :)

The more I say tuggy I am realising it's such a funny word haha!

Hi Everyone, Scottish One with Tuggy hair too.

I was wondering why my hair gets so Tuggy too.

Mostly at the back of my neck.

Long, fine hair, again been told - lots of it. All over tint every 3-4 months, cut every 2 months.

Don't know what I'd do without Tangle Teez ? spelling.

Drives me a bit nuts.

P x

Try using a shine spray on it when its dry it will help it be a bit more slippery, I love a good shine spray, the new Schwarzkopf miracle oil one is good the hole range actually :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

O and a natural bristle brush is better than a tangle tezer, it spreads the natural oil through the hair :-D

O and a natural bristle brush is better than a tangle tezer, it spreads the natural oil through the hair :-D

Sounds like my line, I'm forever saying this

I will try this then Lynn thanks. X

Latest posts

Back