Turning garage into salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you dont mind did u need planning permission as iv read if you change the door you do it looks lovely.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Could I please ask cloughers what you have done to the garage door? By the way amazing glad you put the after pictures on you should be thrilled.xx

Here's the door and now the window.

Attachments

• 1377247_540299219376025_33315628_n.jpg
    1377247_540299219376025_33315628_n.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 438
  • 1382048_10151701601377393_1198979144_n.jpg
    1382048_10151701601377393_1198979144_n.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 448
Wow thats is lovely total change looks about the same size as mine but. Im worried im not going to have enough space for WC tan area nail area and hair section :-/ as I do hair and beauty. I must get my thinking head on. Thankyou very much.

One wall was a bit brown Jo but we did do a few tans in a row! It just washes off those tiles anyway. Have you done any clients yet? x

No as only back from London Sunday and then at pro beauty yesterday! Might do Tom later if he'll let me!

If you dont mind did u need planning permission as iv read if you change the door you do it looks lovely.

Yes you need planning permission but it is definitely worth doing :)

Thanks for posting such lovely pics.... just today i was seriously contemplating from moving my business to my garage. I am now totally convinced. Gonna have a talk with the hubby as soon as he gets home from work. :wink2:

You don't need planning for a garage conversion. You have to pay the council I think it was about £350 and they send out the building inspector to check the work. I had my outside toilet wall cut through as it was behind the garage which was handy but the only person I had to get to check was environmental health lady for the council because I do ear piercing and you have to be registered and have hot water on site. For other beauty treatments she said they don't have to check. Hope this helps.

We definitely had to have planning permission. However, I've just read back over it and it was because a previous extension included the condition that if we were ever to add a window in the future we needed to gain permission. So, make sure you read any old planning documents you might have.

I'm putting in a pre planning application form for my garage conversation. Taking the door off putting French doors in, making a separate treatment room & toilet. Anybody know under new building regulations will the toilet need to be disability accessible with me changing the use of the building from residential to commercial aswel?

I'm putting in a pre planning application form for my garage conversation. Taking the door off putting French doors in, making a separate treatment room & toilet. Anybody know under new building regulations will the toilet need to be disability accessible with me changing the use of the building from residential to commercial aswel?

I'm not sure but I think you're better to keep it as residential otherwise you have to pay business rates. If you use the room for home stuff, ie. toilet, TV room etc. Then it's not totally business.

I'm not sure but I think you're better to keep it as residential otherwise you have to pay business rates. If you use the room for home stuff, ie. toilet, TV room etc. Then it's not totally business.

Will I not get Into trouble? Haha. It's quite a busy road & if my neighbours may complain about parking could they potentially close me down?

My mum is a wig maker and has been working at home for over 20 years. She works in her kitchen extension but as it's not only used for business she doesn't pay business rates. It's all legal, check online.

This is my Garage :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402855263.325463.jpg
I love it!!
I have a partition wall, leaving approx 5 ft for storage at the front so technically it's still a garage and no planning permission was required nor do I pay business rates as there is not a separate entrance :)

go for it! some where to offer your treatments that your not paying for except to decorate it and do it up! xxx

Latest posts

Back