Twinkle Toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classychick

Reaction score
Hi could i trouble someone to give me the run down on twinkle toes, do you apply the glitter twice or just once to the nails after prep and base gel and also do you buff the roughness after the top gel coat then finish with a top coat?

Thanks L xxx

Hi i use twinkle toes and i do the nail prep then apply the base gel then one coat of glitter then cure under uv, then brush off excess glitter then apply the gel and cure, wipe sticky surface and file/ buff any rough edges and over the nail to smooth, then apply gel top coat, cure and apply cuticle oil.
hope this helps.

thanks emma just wanted to be sure of whats meant to be done x

hi, what is twinkle toes? sounds nice and sparkly!

I use Young Nails glitter for twinkle toes as I have found these to be the best for colour definition. However, with some of the pastel colours you need to apply the glitter in a slightly thinner layer, apply asecond very thin coat of gel and then another layer of glitter. Then when you have done your dust off and file your top layer of gel and sealer gloss.

This will give you a real depth of colour particularly on say pastel pink, pastelly orange/peach etc.

thanks girls thats a big help x :hug:

The nailangel site has just added a video for glitter toes if you want to take a look.

www.nailangel.co.uk i think :hug:

Can you use any glitter on glitter gel toes??? Looks Fab !

You can use any glitter however some are better than others, I love youngs glitter, it's really fine and goes on really nice. The finer the better, hope that helps...!x

I use Young Nails glitter for twinkle toes as I have found these to be the best for colour definition. However, with some of the pastel colours you need to apply the glitter in a slightly thinner layer, apply asecond very thin coat of gel and then another layer of glitter. Then when you have done your dust off and file your top layer of gel and sealer gloss.

This will give you a real depth of colour particularly on say pastel pink, pastelly orange/peach etc.

Hi
A nail tech friend of mine is doing twinkle toes for me but she has gone away and forgot to restock the orange/peach glitter just wondering if anyone knows where I ( a non proffesional) can purchase some online asap. Thank you

Hi
A nail tech friend of mine is doing twinkle toes for me but she has gone away and forgot to restock the orange/peach glitter just wondering if anyone knows where I ( a non proffesional) can purchase some online asap. Thank you

You can buy orange/peach glitter from naildelights.com

Hope this helps

x

Thanks for great tip.:Love:

Latest posts

Back