Twitter followers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theextensionist

Reaction score
I don't know but I just have not jumped on the twitter band wagon yet but now as we're opening a salon space I feel I need to connect! I have 1 follower how do I get more followers and how can I as a beauty professional best utilise twitter? What do you lovely geeks use it for and how has it helped your business grow? Any help much appreciated and please follow me on @thextensionist

We don't use Twitter to advertise our services as much, thats what Facebook is for :)

Twitter finds us clientel in our local area!... Its great!

There is an advanced search function. Type in a word i.e. hair, beauty, acrylic, minx... you get the idea :p You can then type in your local area and set it to within 5 miles, hit search.... and you will see everyone who's mentioned the word you typed in within 5 miles of your salon!.... Not exactly targeted but you will find that some of these people are looking for somewhere to have a treatment done and your right on their doorstep :)

Craig

We don't use Twitter to advertise our services as much, thats what Facebook is for :)

Twitter finds us clientel in our local area!... Its great!

There is an advanced search function. Type in a word i.e. hair, beauty, acrylic, minx... you get the idea :p You can then type in your local area and set it to within 5 miles, hit search.... and you will see everyone who's mentioned the word you typed in within 5 miles of your salon!.... Not exactly targeted but you will find that some of these people are looking for somewhere to have a treatment done and your right on their doorstep :)

Craig

Ooo how do you do that? Can you do that from your phone app or computer? X

Ooo how do you do that? Can you do that from your phone app or computer? X

Don't know about phone but yeah from your laptop or PC...

I don't know how to get to the advanced search function right away but heres the steps I use....

1. Type your "word" in the search box at the top of the page - hit enter
2. You will get search results from followers, but near the top of the page to the right hand side you will see the wee circle thing with the drop down menu - click that, you'll then see advanced search
3. Click advanced search and the advanced search page will appear :)
4. The boxes for the different searches i.e. word, location and range will appear... just fill them in, hit enter and voila!

As I said, its not exactly targeted but I do it maybe once or twice a day to see what's there... we've had decent success from it :)

Craig

I've just followed you, so you now have 2 :) x

Thank you all for the help! Generally I am good with these things but I dont really know how to beat utilise it.

I think that a good way to start to build up your followers is to follow other businesses in your local area. Ones that you think are influencial, and those that you find interesting, retweet some of their posts and most will follow you back. You can then hopefully get them to retweet you to their followers. Which in turn will get you noticed!

This may sound daft, but I searched the town wear I live & it brought up loads of local business & organisations. One of them is called Buy it in Brighouse & is dedicated to supporting local businesses. If you tweet them, they retweet! I got quite a few followers this way and generated a bit of business too! Def worth a try IMO! Good luck. xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I'm following you (even though I don't understand the ruddy thing!) I don't see any tweets though? x

You're probably following someone else mine is thextensionist with one e (other was taken).

I'm going to check these tips out tomorrow because I really want to utilise it has I have heard of businesses who have had great success with it.

You're probably following someone else mine is thextensionist with one e (other was taken).

I'm going to check these tips out tomorrow because I really want to utilise it has I have heard of businesses who have had great success with it.

Yes I am :o I'll redo with the one e :D

WOW! Salon space looks FAB!! Well done x

Oh thanks we've been working our ass off! If you are ever in London let me know.

I've added you- I'm @carlverve

Incidentally- you're using the logo I did in LOTS of really fantastic ways (it's exactly what I love to see).

Send me some pics if you've got time please :) Or at least, upload them onto Twitter and I'll pinch them!

Oh yes I thanked you in another post about doing the logo! I am using it everywhere and I love it! My partners love it too and love the font. I'll be tweeting more pictures soon and also were having the salon photographed this week so can send some.

Latest posts

Back