Two waxes-one heater- how do I use both?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrspip

Reaction score
Hi
Ive checked old posts, but im sure i must be searching wrong as i didnt find anything to help me.

My Hive heater and PR cristal Ocean and Euroblonde arrived yesterday, but I'm now confused as to how to set it up right as I only have one bucket. ( I forgot to order another one)

So I can use both waxes without needing to clean my heater out, do I put the euro blonde into the bucket and heat it and then when I've finished cover over With the heater lid when not in use and for the ocean wax, heat the wax in the tin it comes in in the heater and use the lid the tin comes with to cover it when I'm not using it?

If I needed to use both at the same time would I have to have two heaters or is there a way with one heater?

Please help. Very confused

Thanks x

I use two heaters.

You will need both heaters at the same time and given the time to heat up wax etc it would not be easy.

So it's best to use just one wax with one heater- that makes sense.

So if I get a second bucket, Once I have used the wax, to keep it from becoming contaminated if I have some left in the bucket, can I just put a lid on over it ( if it's in my second bucket which may not be in the heater)

i agree with the others its better to have two heaters but you can generally get spare pots for the heaters which makes the swapping over and cleaning much easier :O))

Perron Rigot sell empty tins that are good for using for your non strip waxes and they come with the same lids as Cristal Ocean so easy for storage etc.

You need a second heater definitely - to make life easier on yourself if nothing else. I'm sure you could do it by changing the bucket but I think this will make a terrible mess and you won't be able to keep the wax at temp. Plus sometimes you need a bit of both waxes.

You can try using one heater and swapping around but I can guarantee there will be a spillage at some point and you will kick yourself for not buying another heater.

You really do need 2 heaters, it's not practical at all to be chopping and changing and I guarantee you will end up a sticky waxy mess at some point. Treat yourself to a second heater, I wouldnt start using both waxes until you've got 2.

two heaters or a dual heater save you carrying two around :D

2 heaters or a heater and a set of rollers... I can't see how you can do it with only 1 heater no matter how many liners you have! Sorry.
And wouldn't get a double heater - if one of them break you'd be having to buy another single unless you wanted to replace the whole thing and then you'd be lugging way more round than you need to! :)

You can't have one heater for two different wax types. Also, you need to use both wax types on different body parts so you can't ask them to wait whilst you melt the other one.

Get yourself two heaters.

Sorry all, I think my Question was a little Wong.

I think what I meant was about storing them after I have used them.

So if I put my non strip wax in the bucket and then put my 800g container in the main heater to warm them how do I store the wax afterwards.

I was told today I can put cling film over the bucket with my non strip wax in while i use the main heater part for my tub and then on the tub I can just replace the lid once I have done. I can then out the bucket back into the heater for safe storage

I know that two heaters would be better but as my funds are short, one will have to do for now.

Thanks everyone x

As said above.Two heaters. 1 is impractical when using 2 waxes.

If you are going to use just one heater you may find it easier to use an empty tin for the Euroblonde also as they come with the same plastic lids that the strip wax tins have and it easy enough to lift these in and out of your heater. Cling film is also fine to keep your wax free from dust and debris.

Jack

Latest posts

Back