Type of Brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBR

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm interested to hear what kind/make of brush everyone uses for L&P.

Originally I did the Essential Nails course and the brush was, I think, from Nail Order and I had been gayly using that and getting on fine.

I just completed the creative foundation course last Sunday and I did not get on with the brush at all which was included with the kit. I felt it was really small compared to my EN brush and could not get a big enough bead picked up. I've now gone back to my big old EN brush.

Has anyone else had the same problems as I have, or it is just me?

I started of training with a samll brush and couldnt get on with my ratios properly with it and after a chat with my trainer she advised me that they all use big brushes so as i use the VF21 Lyte system i use the VF21 brush or the major brush depending on whether i am home or mobile (two sets of everything)

Hello Yvonne
I think the brush you get in the CND foundation course is the pro styler?? but i also found it hard to use after using the EN brush. I know use the CND ultra sculptor and it is really fab. Although its quite a big brush you can pick up the smallest bead or largest. I really recommend this one hope this helps
Caren

Hi Caren,

Thanks for that. I'm thinking of getting a new brush as the EN brush is getting on a bit now! I'll go and mark that make in my brochure so I don't forget.

I wouldn't be without my Creative Nail Design Ultra Sculptor, it looks a bit scarey at first as it is HUGE but it does the job for me! J xx

I learnt with a small brush and when I did the Creative course I was given a brush slightly larger (pro styler) but my tutor recommended I try the larger one still (ultra sculptor). I got on much better with this one I felt but couldn`t master the smile lines with it.
I have now gone back to the pro stlyer as its easier for me but I think you need to try a couple of sizes and have a good try with whatever you have and find what works best for you

i trained with a small brush btu couldn't get on with it as well as i hoped. I was then introduced to a larger one and have never looked back. I use the EZ Flow Grand Master 508 which is a large brush, but i find when you get used to it, you can pick up large or small beads when you need to. Its actually made my application so much better, i will never go back to a small brush.

I use whatever brush comes with the system I'm using. So for example, I used to use Tammy Taylor so I used the brush she recommended with her system. Now I use Retention, so I use the brush that came in my kit (i think it's Pro Styler/Sculpter). I'm going to try EZ Flow, and of course, I'll use the brush that comes with it. HTH!

talented talons said:
I use the EZ Flow Grand Master 508 which is a large brush, but i find when you get used to it, you can pick up large or small beads when you need to.
Me too
i love my Grand Artist Oval Brush #508 :D
i use it for everything even all my design sculture (coloured acrylic) work too
okay ezflow speak now....lol.... it is like all ezflow brushes "hand made with the highest quality Kolinsky -Sable blend of bristles"

Jess
xox

Have to stick with the EZ Flow gals here...it's the Grand Artist Oval 508 all the way for me.

best brush ever have to agree... love the handle etc... my application improved 10 fold when i bought this brush... I love him... (my brush is a "he").. i talk to him oh and i am slightly mad... its the grand artist 508 oval as above... I bought him a mate at g mex yesterday just incase he gets poorly... think this one should be a girl..... LOVE THY BRUSH!!!!!!

I've also brought the EZ FLOW 508 only used it to practice on tips at the mo,and yes its great!! Think he will soon become my new best friend! Havn't been brave enough yet to let it lose on a client yet, he's certainly a biggy!! Heather x

Latest posts

Back