Ubertan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlotte.b

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has used/is using Ubertan or is offering the product? Wanted to try it out (for myself not clients) but bit concerned about the side effects and if it is safe etc.

Any knowledge would be much appreciated :)

Hi there, I have been using it for about three weeks now, and i have just come back from a weeks holiday in Tenerife (was quite overcast most days so only sunbathing from lunchtime, not everyday) so used it two weeks before. Oh my goodness, I am quite pale skinned, blonde and what a difference!! Its fantastic I cannot believe how dark my skin has gone! I have done some research and it is made up from plant extracts and has virtually no side effects. I thought it was similar to Melanotan (injectable....eeewww!!) but its nothing like it as almost everyone has side effects and its brought in from China so goodness knows whats in it....Ubertan was suggested to me by one of our nurses so I tried it out! Its totally brill, and after you get your maximum colour, its just maintenance once or twice a week! I have had no side effects with the exception of a little bit of loss of appetite.
Let me know if you need any further info. Where did you hear about it??
Catherine :)

Can I ask what this is? Is it some kind of supplement to aid tanning? It sounds interesting!

Hi there, its a plant extract, with Amino and Fatty Acids that increases the Melanin in your skin. Any exposure to sunlight (including sunbed session) increases the effect...I have found it works brilliantly! I havent had any side effects from it.

Hi there, its a plant extract, with Amino and Fatty Acids that increases the Melanin in your skin. Any exposure to sunlight (including sunbed session) increases the effect...I have found it works brilliantly! I havent had any side effects from it.

Thanks, its just that when I typed it in google it seemed like it was a fake tan? :irked:

No its not a fake tan, it just speeds up the melanin in your skin so you have tanned skin without baking in the sun or using sunbeds all the time. I love it!!

I can get Ubertan so let me know if you are interested. Cheers Catherine x

Does anyone know if its safe to use Ubertan nasal spray whilst pregnant??

Does anyone know if its safe to use Ubertan nasal spray whilst pregnant??

Hi there u can call me on 07542 287 148 if you want any info on Ubertan.
Cheers Catherine x

This is almost definitely rebranded melanotan II. Melanotan II is the only scientifically documented substance to have a melanogenesis effect (pigmentation inducing effect) that would work via nasal administration. Claims that it is simply made of 'plant extracts' are dubious at best. My estimation of this is that some company wants to market a nasal spray version of melanotan II but rather than call it that they call it something else to skirt people's awareness of the issues surrounding usage of a melanocortin peptide analog.
Regardless of what it in fact is, make no mistake about it, if it does what it supposedly does then it is a drug. If it is not Melanotan II then its effects and potential side effects are going to be even less known. To any pregnant women in particular I would strongly counsel against using this (much as I have counseled pregnant women against melanotan peptide usage).

Lastly, judging by new Salon Geek member SATCBabe's primary activity in the forums here (beginning on this thread) he/she is almost certainly a shill for this 'Ubertan' product.

Everything that I have found thus far about this "Ubertan" product has the signs of a scam.

Edit: I just found their website via a Google search. Make no mistake about it, this is melanotan II in nasal spray form. Melanotan.org forum users have found nasal spray usage to be of limited effectiveness relative to the more typical subcutaneous injection route.

Edit 2: I just noticed that they are marketing this to Salons as a product to offer their client bases. Unregulated sales of this product originating in the UK would be illegal due to the fact that it is a drug. All consumer/retail drugs sales within the borders of the UK have to have marketing authorization from the UK's governmental health body, the MHRA. This drug product surely does not have the necessary marketing authorization.

-Scott Stevenson
Melanotan.org - afamelanotide Founder & Admin

Last edited:
know i am very late in replying to this but thanks for info - did not think it would be very safe/legal but was curious after seeing it offered on a mobile beauty page!

I can confirm 'Catherine' is indeed a sales agent for ubertan. She posted this fact on another forum also giving out the same phone number. So her Tenerife story is bull...

I can confirm 'Catherine' is indeed a sales agent for ubertan. She posted this fact on another forum also giving out the same phone number. So her Tenerife story is bull...

Hello there
I can understand that nasal tanning sprays are not for everyone and yes, I do supply Ubertan but I dont lie and i am only giving my opinion. Its not MT2 even though the thread on here says it is. And the Tenerife story is not bull...perhaps you also work for the people who make MT2 to slate something you know nothing about and have not tried.

Dont want to upset anyone, just to tell you guys this is an alternative to the nasty MT2 that makes you sick and gives you headaches along with looking like you have been sprayed with Mahogany Ronseal!! Less sunbed use and burning in the sun is better for your skin and this is a plant extract, NOT MT2.

You will be hearing more about it....as it works...

Catherine

The official doesn't appear to know the difference between melatonin and melanin! Need I say more??

I do not work for any company with an interest in this. I am however a buyer in the pharmaceutical industry (work with drug compliance legislation FDA and MHRA a lot.....) and have also happened to work in the cosmetics buying industry.

I love sunnies limit myself to 60 minutes in total a year went in for one a few days ago and saw this was tempted but thought I’d better look into it first and it’s all very dodgy.....

The legal definition of cosmetic product is a preparation intended to be placed in contact with the various external parts of the human body.

· I contacted the cosmetic, toiletry and perfumery association this is NOT considered a product as it is ingested.

· I contacted BABTAC and ubertan is not a treatment they recognise or insure.

· I have contacted the MHRA (the European version of the FDA) they have not heard of this or license this item and I’m hoping they will start an investigation......

I googled ‘ubertan FDA license’ and nothing came up so it can’t hold one – please correct me if I’m wrong anyone from Ubertan but seeing as you have no contact detail it’s a little difficult to check with you directly.... Also if your ‘trading as’ this should be stated on you website and product literature. I would love this to be a genuine licensed product!

I happily use sunbeds, have botox and will shortly be getting a chemical peel there is absolutely nothing wrong with licensed beauty treatments. What is wrong is marketing something to be ingested that’s messing with your body’s chemistry with no safety data/licensing. It’s contraindicated for pregnancy and the website states it will raise your libido and suppress your appetite. WTF seriously all this from harmless plant extracts....

It takes 10 years to get a drug to market and the reasons for this are so people don’t die or get unforeseen side effects.

just wondering if anyone has used/is using ubertan or is offering the product? Wanted to try it out (for myself not clients) but bit concerned about the side effects and if it is safe etc.

Any knowledge would be much appreciated :)
i have tried it for 2 weeks with no change

hello there
i can understand that nasal tanning sprays are not for everyone and yes, i do supply ubertan but i dont lie and i am only giving my opinion. Its not mt2 even though the thread on here says it is. And the tenerife story is not bull...perhaps you also work for the people who make mt2 to slate something you know nothing about and have not tried.

Dont want to upset anyone, just to tell you guys this is an alternative to the nasty mt2 that makes you sick and gives you headaches along with looking like you have been sprayed with mahogany ronseal!! Less sunbed use and burning in the sun is better for your skin and this is a plant extract, not mt2.

You will be hearing more about it....as it works...

Catherine
i have been using it for 2 weeks and not had any colour change apart fot the sunbed sessions i have had, i would be willing to buy more if it worked, but iv contacted the salon where i bought it from and they said that they didnt have a number for ubertan so that i could speek to someone only a sales number,on the website it says that its garranteed to work

I have just purchased this kit (£50) on line, did not know that first step was to spray it via your nose!! I really do not want to try this out, when I ordered it, it said money back if not happy, now going onto the site, can not find out how I can return it and get money back, can anyone please help?? Thanks. AM:cry:

Thank you for the info, cant find out how to return the package and get my money back, going on to the website now does not give the info... think I have just been ripped off, I have no intention of using it, the web-site for 'Ubertan' is mis-leading.

Thank you for the info, cant find out how to return the package and get my money back, going on to the website now does not give the info... think I have just been ripped off, I have no intention of using it, the web-site for 'Ubertan' is mis-leading.

Glad I read this, I was thinking of giving it a try but starting to think it's a marketing scam. Won't bother now.

Check out this page, Try Uber Tan Today#. At the bottom of the page in small print is 'Contact Us'. There is only an email address, no phone number. All a bit suspicious to me but I may be wrong :confused:

Latest posts

Back