Ubertan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I read this, I was thinking of giving it a try but starting to think it's a marketing scam. Won't bother now.

Check out this page, Try Uber Tan Today#. At the bottom of the page in small print is 'Contact Us'. There is only an email address, no phone number. All a bit suspicious to me but I may be wrong :confused:
Hi,
I have purchased some ubertan and have started using it today, so far so good... I have never sprayed anything up my nose but was pleasantly surprised that it didnt hurt nor taste of anything. I have been on the sunbed once today and I am pasty white, so fingers crossed in 7 - 10 days i will be a bronze goddess hehe... As far as communication goes with ubertan they have been very quick with their responses to my emails and my order arrived promptly. So far all positive to report.
Il have it that there is no license for this stuff, but lets have a look what there are licenses for - cigarettes hmmm, can cause cancer but then why is this product on the market ??? because it makes the government money, Alcohol - liver disease, bowel cancer, death, Sunbeds ??? Can cause skin cancer !!! Come on ladies, those that are knocking this product back, try it before you leave such comments, I recently had a breast augmentation with a very reputable company, that went wrong, licensed yes, risk I took, yes..
Anyway, I am waffling, I will report back with the tan development

XXX
P.s dont want to offend anyone

Day 5 today and definately getting more tanned by the day, one sunbed session of 6 minutes... no side effects noted..

XX:)

Note: "oilily" here on this thread is almost certainly a shill for this product. When a person comes into a forum and immediately begins downplaying negatives or glorifying positives with respect to something on a thread it is a sure sign of some sort of conflict of interest (most likely financial) with respect to the topic of the thread.

-Scott Stevenson

Melanotan - interesting also that all members adding positive comments in favour of this have a history of only 2 or 3 posts...I;d like to see some Grand Geeks with positive things to day about this...but I know it will never happen!!!!

Anything that changes your body's chemical balances like this can't be good for you. Especially without any regulation, or contact details!!!!!

STEER CLEAR!!!!!!!

Note: "oilily" here on this thread is almost certainly a shill for this product. When a person comes into a forum and immediately begins downplaying negatives or glorifying positives with respect to something on a thread it is a sure sign of some sort of conflict of interest (most likely financial) with respect to the topic of the thread.

-Scott Stevenson
Hi Scott, glad to see people accept new comers with open arms on this forum and what the hell is a shill???
Sounds offensive whatever it is.
I am a normal person who is trying a product, as many women do and In researching ubertan stumbled across this site.
What would be nice if there were real women on here sharing real experiences with this product, so the information is there for people who choose to read it .... and as for only having a few posts that I have put on here, where is one supposed to start before they get accepted into a click like this...
Pretty shocking really that a personal experience can be shunned so easily and there was me thinking it might actually be a friendly site where people can chat to each other about their own experiences...

Once again thanks for the warm welcome

Melanotan - interesting also that all members adding positive comments in favour of this have a history of only 2 or 3 posts...I;d like to see some Grand Geeks with positive things to day about this...but I know it will never happen!!!!

Anything that changes your body's chemical balances like this can't be good for you. Especially without any regulation, or contact details!!!!!

STEER CLEAR!!!!!!!
Like I mentioned to Scott, how does one get accepted into this click, everyone has to start somewhere. Were you not at 3 posts one day??
Interesting how I could write waffle on here everyday, build myself upto 300 posts and then I might be taken seriously...

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, much appreciated

Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he or she is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) that he or she is secretly working for. The person or group that hires the shill is using crowd psychology, to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed).

Haha, very funny Scott.. Crowd Psychology eh? Look into my eyes.... Buy this product.... Has it worked yet??

Hi!

Do NOT use Ubertan. Not only has it not been tested, there are rumours that it is a similar product to melotan, which was banned due to the connection with increased cancer risks. They keep saying on the packaging that it is to increase melatonin (which is a chemical in the brain to make us fall asleep) and not melanin, clearly having no idea of the basics. There are no telephone numbers to make contact and no replies are received from emails. The website seems to have disappeared and any connected sites are invalid. On top of all of this a friend of mine has used the product and instead of giving her a nice all over even tan (they say you need to activate the product by short bursts in the sun or sunbeds) it has left her burnt, sore, in pain and worried about future issues with skin cancer.

My advice.....stay away.

I can get Ubertan so let me know if you are interested. Cheers Catherine x

Catherine

Have been leaving messages on the mobile number you have left. I would like to speak to you about Ubertan which I have been using for a while now. Is this phone number still relevant? If not, can you call me on 07952 305310.

Joanie

Not only has it not been tested, there are rumours that it is a similar product to melotan, which was banned due to the connection with increased cancer risks.

Hello, you are aware that the melanotan peptides are not banned in the UK (or elsewhere), yes?

If you doubt what I am saying you can watch Claire Tilstone from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency explain it in this BBC Inside Out video segment. What is illegal is their unregulated sales in the UK but this is nothing new. All sales of unapproved and unregulated drugs are illegal in the UK and have been for quite some time. Actual purchase and usage of drugs like the melanotan peptides remains legal. Folks are legally purchasing these peptides from abroad.

The primary issue with skin cancer is that the peptides have been shown to darken moles. The problem with this is that when a person presents darkening moles to doctors it is possible for confusion to arise in terms of possible diagnosis of melanoma. That was explained in this British Medical Journal letter. Interestingly enough there are also natural causes for mole darkening, sunbathing and in certain women, pregnancy can cause skin darkening typically noticed as a "pregnancy mask" on the face. Know that melanotan-1 (under its generic name "afamelanotide") in the form of a subcutaneous implant has actually been approved as a medicine in Italy for treating folks who suffer with erythropoietic protoporphyria and is currently undergoing further clinical trials in the US, Europe and Australia for this disease and will soon have trials performed to see if it can be used therapeutically against vitiligo.

I am sharing this information not to encourage unregulated usage but just to keep fellow forum readers up with facts about these peptides. If you have additional information that you can cite about these issues perhaps you can add it here to help educate others as well?

Thank you,

-Scott Stevenson
Melanotan.org - afamelanotide founder & Admin.

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone has used/is using Ubertan or is offering the product? Wanted to try it out (for myself not clients) but bit concerned about the side effects and if it is safe etc.

Any knowledge would be much appreciated
Hi i just recieved my order today after sending 4 emails to cancel it, which it gives you the option to cancel on there websit, but every email failed, i copy and pasted and sent back to there main email address, i think there a very doggy company, i dont want product as after i read all the forums on it, i changed my mind, i should of read them 1st, but it did say i could cancel, but you can't its a big CON.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank goodness finally someone gets it!!

Official government press release: MHRA experts warn fake tan nasal spray is ‘potentially dangerous’

This quote below from the press release corresponds to what I first said on this thread back in January of this year.

Tests carried out by the MHRA on a sample of Ubertan have revealed it contained melanotan II, an unlicensed medicine with no evidence of safety, quality or that it works, and with unknown side effects.

-Scott Stevenson
Melanotan.org - afamelanotide Founder & Admin

Last edited:
I heard on the radio this morning that this tan is being banned and if not removed from salons etc then legal action may be taken!

I heard on the radio this morning that this tan is being banned and if not removed from salons etc then legal action may be taken!

Yeh I heard it on the radio today aswell!!

I would rather stick to spray tan,than use something that I know nothing about that can cause me major problems.

Im amazed some of the risks people take by using things such as that just to be bronzed :/ thats my opinion anyhooo :)

x x :D

This was all over National Radio yesterday, that's the only reason this post was put up, to try and disfuse all the bad press it has quite rightly had!

Latest posts

Back