Underarm wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyloutay

Reaction score
Iv had my legs waxed a few years ago. and have had a hollywood done recently. It was n done 3 weeks ago annd the second time today. I'm going to go every 3 weeks until i can reduce the time which the therapist thinks wont be long because she says im not too hairy! and my regrowth after 3 weeks was good.

I'm now considering under arm waxing and wonder if anyone reccommends it?
I think it'll hurt more than the hollywood? but will be over fast. im just concerned about rashes as i'd have thought this area is more prone to it, as its obviously sweaty there! im also concerned about using deoderants (or more, not being able to)

any advice??

I have a few regular underarm waxing clients they come every 4 weeks none of them have had any problems with rashes or ingrown hairs.
I recommend they don't use deodorant for 24 hours and not to was with soap or swimming for 12 hours.

I have had it done a few times it doesn't hurt that bad at all :hug:

If it's done by a competent therapist then there really shouldn't be any real pain,maybe some discomfort but nothing like a Hollywood.I find the tweezering the stray hairs more uncomfortable than the waxing itself.

Regarding rashes there should be none.You can use a deodrant but it must be one specific for after waxing.One I can recommend would be Australian Body Care T Tree deodrant.Perfect for use after underarm or any other waxing.HTH

Ask them to use hot wax. x

Go for it! Underarm waxing is just the best! Clients speak of greater hygene benefits and deo working more effectively, plus no more black-pitted shadowing shaving tends to create.
Many clients show good thinning/sparser hair growth in this region too.
Hard/hot wax for sure and you'll wish you'd have done it sooner!

i had mine done the other day whilst training with Kim Lawless, i was petrified but she used hot wax and it did not hurt half as mush as it would with strip wax. i was not sore after either. im going to be having mine waxed all the time from now on.

Iv had my legs waxed a few years ago. and have had a hollywood done recently. It was n done 3 weeks ago annd the second time today. I'm going to go every 3 weeks until i can reduce the time which the therapist thinks wont be long because she says im not too hairy! and my regrowth after 3 weeks was good.

I think it'll hurt more than the hollywood? but will be over fast. im just concerned about rashes as i'd have thought this area is more prone to it, as its obviously sweaty there! im also concerned about using deoderants (or more, not being able to)

any advice??
having your under arms done are not that painfull if you pull your skin as tight as you can then it wont hurt

Underarm waxing really isn't as bad as people think. I had a brazilian wax in december and that was really painful. If i cant get to my friend to wax me then i will do myself, only leg, underarm and facial wax. Cant do bikini on myself. I do get in a bit of a sweat, i hate waxing my own legs, whereas underarm i dont find too bad. By the way i use hot wax on underarm and strip on legs.

first time i had my underarms waxed i thought i'd never do it again lol don't know if it was because of the person doing it or the fact i did have really thick hair there. Anyway i did get it done again and i've never looked back, i don't have thick underarm hair anymore and now it's just like pulling sticky tape off, don't even bat an eyelid now. Lasts for ages too! no dark shadows like when shaving

I recommend it... I've been waxing my underarms for about 14 years and have no problems... I find i don't need underarm deoderant when i wax (as the bacteria which make you smell are removed)...

any advice??

not too painful and is normally over in 5 minutes; as it takes about 2 quick strips on eacch underarm. the only reason ud get rashes is if u go swimming,exercise,any u.v exposure, deoderant,hot water on the area, after 24 hours of getting it waxed, also if the therapist goes over the area more then twice she will more then likely burn you.

other then that it lasts long , doesnt grow back brisly like shaving or creams and over time will slow the hair growth
:confused:

Another thumbs up from me regarding underarm wax. the first time is the worst and even that isn't too bad. It really isn't. I too wax my own underarms, leg, lip but cannot do my own bikini.OUCH.

Latest posts

Back