Unhappy Shellac client - Did I do the right thing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeycure

Reaction score
I got my first unhappy Shellac client yesterday!

I did her Shellac last Saturday. Last month we gave out a one week guarantee for it because we were all still practicing, but our clients came back and none of them had any problems with it so we stopped that from June.

Unfortunately, she said that her's "chipped" on 2 fingers, so she wanted to use her one week guarantee this Friday, but she canceled at the last minute and wanted to book in for today. I was booked so she couldn't. Then she e-mailed me last night explaining her problem, and told me she will be coming back next week and hopes that I will "honor" my one week guarantee o_O

I responded to her saying that the one week guarantee only lasts a week and that next week will be the second week. She would have to get it all removed and have a new set either way, so I can't fix her nails free of charge.

Did I do the right thing?
I mean, she canceled the appointment on her own in the last minute (which left me with a gap in my schedule). I don't feel like I should be fixing anything free of charge. Besides, how do I know she didn't pick at them?

You definately did the right thing, good on you!!! :D :D :D

She cancelled her free slot last minute, shes had her chance. You could have had a paying client in that time, time is money. Even if she wanted to change her free slot last minute to next day I would have said she's got to pay for it.

Besides if it's chipped that easily on her maybe it's something she's doing to them and she's not suitable for them. It's better to concentrate on your happy shellac customers instead.

You did totally the right thing,this is the sort of client that sounds as though she's a micky taker.I would have done exactly the same thing. if you had done her this time she would have been back all the time trying it on for freebies of some sorts.

If you had honoured that guarantee(which you would have IF she had come in during the guarantees timescale)then you couldn't have done just 2 nails as you would have the regrowth on all other 8 fingers.

Some people eh!!!Least she knows for the future that you're not a push over.xx

Yep, good call. She should be unhappy with herself not Shellac ... people chip nails they don't chip on their own so my question would be what was she doing that managed to chip Shellac??? .. cause it doesn't chip unless under extreme duress and extreme duress is not normal wear and tear. We guarantee Shellac against normal wear and tear for 2 weeks ... we don't guarantee against the client abusing them-

Ofcourse you did the right thing! I am always weary of things like that since people often try to put the blame on the application or product when they misstreated their nails *often they are awear of that themselves but want to get a free fix* These are often new clients or the occasional client that pops in three times a year.
I personally never guarantee a set of nails since you put yourself in a difficult situation by stating something like that. You know that they sit 99% of the time perfectly under normal circumstances but if people don´t care how they treat them they can ruin them in less then a day and figure out 20 different reasons why it is your fault.

Deff did the right thing, it can be hard to stand up to clients sometimes, you did really well and most of all you did the right thing. You had clear guide lines and you stuck to them she didn't, she new your rules.

I appreciate the assurance everyone :D

Well, she ended up not responding so I guess she won't be coming back. Oh well, it happens right? At least all of my other clients are coming back happy :)

Always one isn't there, where everything has to be different JUST for them!!

You DEFINITELY did the right thing......I get sooooooooooooooooo sick of clients like that cancelling last minute and expecting no charge or always wanting more than they're entitled to it's so infuriating!!

Can you tell me what Shellac is?? I have heard alot about it but don't know what it is.....is it like gel?? Do you need training for it or is it just like a manicure?? I am wondering whether to do it....and what are the benefits? does it last??

Lisa

You DEFINITELY did the right thing......I get sooooooooooooooooo sick of clients like that cancelling last minute and expecting no charge or always wanting more than they're entitled to it's so infuriating!!

Can you tell me what Shellac is?? I have heard alot about it but don't know what it is.....is it like gel?? Do you need training for it or is it just like a manicure?? I am wondering whether to do it....and what are the benefits? does it last??

Lisa

Now don't get mad, but I honestly would have thought that after over 200 posts on this wonderful salongeek site you would have known your way around well enough to search and find the answer to this question without asking others to do all the work for you. Everything you want to know is right here on this site and there is even a Shellac Lovers group you can join that answers every question you could possibly have about Shellac (Click on groups above and join it).

The rest is covered below from the Tutorial and Articles sections here on the site ... which is easy to do yourself. :hug:

http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/112879-defining-shellac-u-v-colour-coat-system.html

http://www.salongeek.com/training/113923-shellac-science-very-cool-understand-know-how-use.html

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finis...-colour-coat-system-application-tutorial.html

http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/112929-how-assemble-use-your-new-cnd-uv-lamp.html

Latest posts

Back