Unhappy with a hair ext training course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 on the course and all complained, not far fetched as have pics to support the H&S issues I have, just emailed the company asking for a refund but waiting for a reply, but if not then I will be contacting trading standards as very unhappy x and not paying my money to a god squad that trying to brain wash people, it just not right and I'm sure the accreditation isn't aware of this x

Oh and mollie she told us all to comment very good stuff on here for her training school, but in my opinion if I honestly thought that the course was I formative and up to standard then I would but u shouldn't have to be told to put a review, a course that is great should spk for its self x

If you definitely feel you haven't received the standard training then definitely take it further have you kept in contact with the others that attended? X

Yes mollie, I'm just waiting for a reply to my email now.
I don't normally post on here much and never complain but it's a forum to help otherso thought I'd post xx

I don't do hair but if one of my training manuals had religious content in it I would be absolutely livid! How dare they push there views on you when your there for something completely different, very unprofessional in my opinion,

Yes mollie, I'm just waiting for a reply to my email now.
I don't normally post on here much and never complain but it's a forum to help otherso thought I'd post xx

No of course the one I did was terrible and I try and get people to steer clear of them purely as I don't want people to be in the same situation but hopefully you will get a reply back and get some questions answered xx

Yes Annette it's not relevant to hair at all so why put 11 pages of it in, I was horrified by it!!!! If I didn't eat well, drink filter water, say prayers etc etc I'm going to hell !!!! Charming!!!!

No of course the one I did was terrible and I try and get people to steer clear of them purely as I don't want people to be in the same situation but hopefully you will get a reply back and get some questions answered xx

Which course did u do mollie?

I don't think you should rant about the bible quotes too much, personally as a none religious individual it doesn't bother me, just flick past it. We all have our own beliefs and our own way of expressing them... It hasn't caused any grief just go past it. However you are still unhappy with your training - you should still pursue your complaint in that, before trading standards look at your complaint you'll have to wait for a response from the company and allow them sufficient time to attempt to rectify the issues. Like I said, don't complain about the bible references - it's personal belief and they are expressing it, they didn't preach on your course or anything or make you read a bible they've just put a few references - you don't want to offend anyone. I'm pretty sure their in the bit for a 'healthy mind and life style leads to better business shenanigans' sections... Xx

...Like I said, don't complain about the bible references - it's personal belief and they are expressing it, they didn't preach on your course or anything or make you read a bible they've just put a few references - you don't want to offend anyone. I'm pretty sure their in the bit for a 'healthy mind and life style leads to better business shenanigans' sections... Xx

Putting Christian/Muslim/Scientology etc. religious information into a hairdressing training manual is obviously preaching and highly unprofessional and I would be extremely offended by anyone who did this.

Suggesting that complaining about it might offend 'the person who drafted the manual' is frankly bizarre.

If they are members of an approved hairdressing training organisation such as HABIA, City & Guilds, etc. I would complain to them in the first instance.

If not, perhaps this is one of the reasons why.

Would you be so accepting if it contained fundamentalist ideals? What's the difference?

I wouldn't be very happy if they put anything religious in the training manual. You are there to learn hair extensions not to be preached to. Not very professional at all. (Putting 11 pages of it in is too much!) I would have asked them why they did that x

Some of the extension nightmares I've seen could of used the helping hand of God.. ;)

Well like I previously said I was totally shocked and along with that brain washing manual, it was also H&S issues plus under experienced trainers plus the whole non training of students!!!!
I am taking it further but just confronting her myself first, I know I can't get my time back but a full refund I do, like I've said I've been in the hair industry for over 22 yrs and never had a problem with course tutors etc but I thought that it was a totally rip off.I'm constantly going on courses to keep myself uptodate and maybe this lady should x

For a hairdresser to come away without knowing a method and having to now pay to go on another course is ridiculous to say the least.
Yes this is a forum to voice our opinions and I know that if I've helped at least one person in wasting there hard earned money then I've helped at least that one person.
Like I say it wasn't just the manual and WILL be taking it further.
I've had at least 12 Pmessages from other girls that have experienced the course and all of them had said the same as what I had posted but I'm the one voicing my opinion to help others.

I trained with this company and I completely agree that the religious stuff shouldn't be in there or on their website as that's not part of the service and other/non religions may be offended. Having said that, I do agree with locksoflove that I wouldn't make this one of your main lines of complaint, as some of the companies may just think you are being petty. I'd complain about the other matters though. Personally I only needed the course for the certificates also, and I think any hair extension course cannot teach you everything you need to know in a couple of days. You learn the majority after the course when you're doing it in real life, and most people develop their own way of doing things. The aftercare from the company has been good though so hopefully you will hear back from them before having to take it further!

I completely agree that it's not worth the money for the actual education you get from this course though! Many of the other girls on my course had to help me because I knew nothing before! It's not really fair!

Emily :) xx

Thanks Emily , yes it's not just the manual it's all of it x we will c how long it takes to resolve this matter now, il keep u all posted as like I said ,I'm not the only one it seems.....oh and seems I didn't have to name and shame anyway as people knew which company it was!!!!

Not hard to find out who this is. They support a pro-life charity. I'd rather commit suicide than see my money go to such a company. Yuck.

Maybe call it hair curse then instead of a hair course ha ha sorry for my humour x

Seems a weird thing to attach to your extension company to me? Considering the recent B&B case re the Christians refusing gays a room your think these groups would be more mindful...

Seems a weird thing to attach to your extension company to me? Considering the recent B&B case re the Christians refusing gays a room your think these groups would be more mindful...

This. Religion just really annoys me no end, by all means people should be free to believe in whatever they wish, but proselytizing is not something others of a different persuasion should have to endure.
It is highly unprofessional to pepper your hair training website with Christian fundamentalist stuff because one has no relation to the other. After all, your clients could be gay, would you then refuse to teach them?

The company in question doesn't really walk the walk when it comes to avoiding the deadly sin of greed-they tried to sell me a Loof Ultrasonic machine for something like £400 when it's priced at around £120 everywhere else. Shameless.

Gosh that's more than the average 10 percent that they tend to give to the church....... But I bet the church has better health and safety standards that THEY FOLLOW!!!!

Anyway I sent the email and got a auto mated email back saying text a number to which I have so hopefully il be getting a reply tomorrow if they can run a business properly x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back