Unhappy with a hair ext training course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fusion4hair

Reaction score
I recently went on a training course, learning nano (to refresh), shrinkies and tape.... I was totally shocked by the whole day, arriving to a room that had 3 wallpaper pasting tables put together with a roll of wallpaper over the top of it, sitting down( after payment being made first) to a lady reading us a health and safety sheet out, 4 of us on the course ( 2 hairdressers and 2 none( no hair ext exp)... We started off with another lady( who was the owner) telling us to all gather round and watch a fellow student doing a demo of shrinkies... Bizarre!!!!!as this student hadn't even done any hair/ ext ever!!!!
We wasn't allowed to look into our manuals( which was a tad weird), so the hairdressers were working completely blind, one of the girls at the side of me hadn't got a clue and all the way through I was showing her how to section ,placement etc.

We was all asking the First Lady questions to which she didn't know the answers to, and later found out that she wasn't a educator or a hairdresser, the other lady was a hairdresser of 12 yrs.
Later on our lunch all students were chatting and all saying the same that they didn't know what they were doing and found the day very unprofessional and weird that we couldn't use our manuals.
The two non hairdressers both said that they felt that they had wasted there money as not learnt a thing from it. Later that day after I returned home I looked into the manual to being totally shocked and horrified to find that in he middle of the manual the was over 8 pages of god squad waffle, talking about Saturn,the devil etc etc..... Basically trying to brainwash her students into converting to god....I was horrified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In over 22 years of being in hairdressing industry I can honesty say that I have NEVER been on such a unprofessional,uninformative,weird , and shocking training course.how she's got this manual/ course through accreditation is beyond me.

Hi..that's terrible. Would you name and shame? Quite a few hairdressers on here, myself included are looking for hair extension courses and this is one of my fears. I've decided to go with racoon as I feel there training will be really good xx

Naming and shaming is not allowed on this site.
Fusion4hair I would advise you to contact Trading Standards regarding this course and let them take any necessary action as this course does seem a rip off.
Have you been back in touch with the company yourself complaining and asking for a refund?

Oh sorry I didn't know, yes I'm going to be taking this matter further, so sorry shall I just remove the name x

Sorry I didn't realise either and I haven't seen the name!!
There's a place near me, they show you how to do pre bonded, micro rings and micro loops, no model and you get a certificate at the end of the day!! I just can't see how you can possibly offer this service after such little training!!

It's crazy how these places get away with it x

I'm sure I can say it's Manchester way anyway x that's not naming is it ;)

I'm In mcr hope it's not the one I have chosen x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure they are accredited? Why didn't you all speak up especially if you all discussed it on your lunch xx

I know exactly who you mean, and I don't know how on earth they do it.
To say it's basic would be an understatement.
Considering what people pay, you'd think the level of professionalism might be tweaked a little.
Good job I knew what I was doing and only wanted the certificates for other reasons... I was in and out for assessment on 5 methods + cutting within 2hrs... I was correcting them on things throughout the session, and re-advising other trainees, as I found the info they offered to be inaccurate.
Really not great!!

The scary thing is, they are very much accredited!!!

Yes dolly in Manchester, I did ring up to double check if they were accredited ( as I always do this) and they said yes they were, but the course was a total shamble and so un professional, the health and safety with the room was terrible aswell, wires taped on the carpeted floor but could still trip up on it, I've been doing extensions for years and kinda knew what I as doing it the methods I was there for so it was a good job really, the girl at side of me was totally baffled as hadn't a clue a all so all the way through I was showing her x
Not sure about the other girls but I knew that I was gonna taken the matter further,I've got the Manual to send to the accreditation place as I'm sure that they are totally unaware what the contents are......that was the worst bit of it to read x

Hi fusion that is terrible what a nightmare x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got my cert now as that is what I was waiting for before I did anything but all I can say is the manual is the most horrific read ever and to put stuff like brain washing god stuff in it is beyond me x

I'm so glad you've put this. I was gonna book with this company...thank god I didn't waste my money :)

Well at least I've helped someone in saving there time and money x

I plan on booking ext training in Manchester but fear I may book this company 😕

To be fair this is one bad review compared to a hell of a lot of good reviews on here with the company so I wouldn't be too quick to judge xx

I very much agree with mollie1985 story seems very farfetched for any company let alone one with very good reviews by so many..

The bible references didn't bother me, I suppose we all have our own beliefs - I found it quite sweet really, tickled me a bit. I don't believe in anything (not starting science vs religion debate lol!) I just flicked past. But if your truly baffled by the training you got approach the company (I know who it is as I have the same manual) if it's not resolved and you belief you didn't get what you paid for approach trading standards. I can't complain my support with them has been great and I know many great techs who have trained with them... My only bug with them is a friend who is also training didn't get a manual or head or anything compares to what I relieved and the others we trained with xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back