Unqualified nail techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sthomas27

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I just wondered if I could get an opinion or two.
I have been doing acrylic and gel nails for some time now and like to think i'm quite good at it ha ha but when I first did it, I still needed lots of practice on patient friends and family before I could "go live" and start to charge for my work.
However, a person I know very well has been doing a one week nail tech course this week with Next Step Beauty where she has studied gels, acrylics, silks and fibreglass nails, She doesn't finish her course until tomorrow and has already put flyers all over the village and on facebook stating that she will do nails at a discounted price starting monday for anybody that would like her to.
I cannot see that she will be ready at all with a total of 24 hours training for all 4 types and I know she doesnt actually qualify until she goes back for a test in January and that she is not insured.
I'm concerned this will have an impact on my business,which has taken me a lot of time and hard work to get established ,:sad:as she only lives two streets away
AM I BEING A PETTY BABY or would anyone else be worried ??????? What do you think? HELP:(

I would be annoyed as well seeing this. Especially when I've put in time & money towards my training & products.

Don't worry about her, as long as you know your work is good clients will keep coming to you.

Quality shines over quantity!

Hi

I suppose everyone has to start somewhere and of course there is no compasion to someone who has done a few hours training and someone such as yourself - and thats exactly the point! get ur head down, do a great job and your skill and quality will shine though...u need not worry what anyone else is doing xxx

thanks you two, xx got my knickers in a twist ha ha but you're both absolutely right, i'm not even gonna worry xxx

It's all about practice and if her nails aren't up to scratch you only get one chance to make a good impression. You are more likely to tell other people about bad experiences rather than good ones. I wouldn't worry. If clients aren't happy with her nails they might just come to you!

Clients might ask how long she's been in the industry for or her lack of knowledge about nails and what she's doing might show. I wouldn't worry! Xx

Latest posts

Back