Unwanted Gift Voucher Presents

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
Are you ready for a moan...

Yesterday I had to massage two gift voucher clients, the first was a lovely gentleman of 65 who was nervous and had the voucher since christmas, he talked the whole way through, which is normal for men who are nervous having massages. After the massage he said he really enjoyed it.

Then, last night at 6 a fella came in for a hot stone massage bought by his girlfriend as a surprise, she only gave him the voucher 5 minutes before the appt. Anyway, he was a 6ft 3 Rugby player, he smirked almost the whole way through, I was almost tempted to ask if he just wanted a regular massage. I think it all became too much for him when I put in the toe cosies....I'm sure he wasn't that ungrateful but I wish his girlfriend had asked him if he liked massages.

I just feel it was a waste of my energy. My husband said it wasn't because I'd been paid, but to be honest I'd rather have given a refund.

He sounds a right ungrateful so-and-so! Maybe you should have dropped a hot stone on him or something. I can't stand clients like that. But sometimes you just have to grin and bear it. And if he hadn't had a massage before he wouldn't know whether he likes massage or not. Just be confident in the knowledge that you did a GOOD treatment.

i understand where you're coming from, it's not just about the money, its about your time and he was wasting it!!

All i can say is his girlfriend obviously doesn't know him very well, unless they havn't been together very long.

maybe it was just nerves.

or he did find the whole concept a little funny..men are strange creatures!

i think if anyone the girlfriend was at fault really i think maybe she should have got him a regular massage. xx

Why didn't she have the massage and buy him something he'd appreciate - unless she thinks he's tense or something and NEEDED a massage?

I know what you mean about wasting your time, and he probably wont be a returning customer either... so not only did you both not enjoy it, you wont get business from him again.

Not to worry, tomorrow is Monday and the start of a new week :hug:

Latest posts

Back