Update your Status.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planky1

Premium Geek
Reaction score
In the style of Facebook/Twitter, thought maybe we could have a place to write down one or two sentence feelings that are either nothing to do with our profession or just somewhere to write about something happy, or annoying or just to rant about anything without doing a new thread each time we want to say something short and sweet? Hope this is allowed?

So I'll start;

Feeling a bit sad as I just dropped my little boy to his nursery for the very last time. Where did these last 4 and a half years go? :sad:

Chilling at the caravan:) Enjoying the sunshine & the beer...........hic:wink2:

Chilling at the caravan:) Enjoying the sunshine & the beer...........hic:wink2:

How lovely!! This will be us in 2 weeks time! Enjoy! :)

5mins till kids bedtime then it's wine o'clock by the chimnea in the garden

Sitting in lounge, watching the rain, waiting for the fella to get home with take away and vino!!

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

Not feeling very well today :sad:, so OH just cooked a chicken dinner for me and it was lovely. Gonna have an early night tonight in the hope I feel better tomorrow.

Bugger it's raining now, typical! Oh well wine o'clock on the sofa then 

Dinner on and just about to pour myself the BIGGEST Havana and coke after experiencing the mother of all tantrums from my son for the past hour!!!!!! Exhausted.com

Not feeling very well today :sad:, so OH just cooked a chicken dinner for me and it was lovely. Gonna have an early night tonight in the hope I feel better tomorrow.

Hope you feel better in the morning xx

Having another horrible day with my son and his tantrums and rude behaviour. Is this ever going to end????? :sad:

Having another horrible day with my son and his tantrums and rude behaviour. Is this ever going to end????? :sad:

How old is he? If hes a tiddler then yes it passes :) saying that though my 12 year old tantrumed cos he had no pants this morning! Chin up lovely xx

At the gym, working my butt off! :-/

How old is he? If hes a tiddler then yes it passes :) saying that though my 12 year old tantrumed cos he had no pants this morning! Chin up lovely xx

He is 4 going on 14. Screamed that he hates us yesterday. Am hoping we're getting this now and he'll be an angel teenager!! :wink2: Lol xx

Chesse, wine and chocolate all in the same night = migraines. I knwo this so why do i still put my body through it?

Chesse, wine and chocolate all in the same night = migraines. I knwo this so why do i still put my body through it?

Oh dear, hope it goes soon, migraines are awful :(

Hope you feel better in the morning xx

Thanks but after and early night and a lie in I still feel awful :rolleyes: dose myself up again and hope things are better tomorrow after a another day resting.

He is 4 going on 14. Screamed that he hates us yesterday. Am hoping we're getting this now and he'll be an angel teenager!! :wink2: Lol xx

It is a normal stage of development he is going through but you can help yourself and him by using some useful tequniques.

I have a 14 year old boy, 8 year old girl, 4 year old girl and 3 year old boy.
I refuse point blank to engage conversation with them during a tantrum and will only speak to them once they have calmed down as they get emotionally flooded and nothing will get through.

Picture this situation:
Your in a swimming pool and when calm you have your head above the water - so you can see, hear, breath and think normally.
Then when in a tantrum/upset your head sinks under - so you can't breath propperly, everything you hear is blurred and you cant see through the water so you can't think about anything else.

This is how a child (or adult actually) feels when they are in a tantrum or are upset - nothing gets through until they have calmed down and can see, hear, breath and think normally again - All I do with my kids is hug/sooth them to show I'm there and ready to talk when they are calm.

Believe it or not this really does work because they learn that they need to be calm to get thier point or need accross and my children don't paddy or stay upset for very long these days.

Don't get me wrong this is not an instant fix but I promise it works if you stay as calm as you can and reasure him that you're there, do the same thing each time he gets emotionally flooded and he will learn to become calm quicker and quicker.

Waiting for my mechanic to fix my car after my wheel decided to come loose and come off last weekend! Advice- if your car starts to make a noise like a helicopter whilst driving, do NOT keep driving! V scary!

Sitting in a car park in York while my bf tries to find somewhere to get some change for the meter. Unprepared as always. Whoops.

Sorry to be a party pooper here but this really is one of the reasons the blogs were started, to take non salon related "feelings" away from the searchable main forums.

You could maybe start a group.

This thread is becoming a serious of Private Messages and not everyone wants to read such personal comments.

We are not Facebook or Twitter but trying to portray a professional education site, with a bit of community spirit mixed in and threads such as this run the risk of turning the site into a Social Networking site with a bit of salon talk mixed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back