Updos , which Hairsprays and Shine Sprays do you all Recommend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siansy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I find when styling updo's , bridal and prom work i use several diffferent products to complete the look. I use the lower end products for the initial structure such as HiTec hairspray, either hairspray or a setting spray with the heated rollers. Then avec stucture spray for any finer details. Finishing with a finer spray such as elnett and then a shine spray. I use the Elnett or a quality spray as i find the hi tec will leave residue but is great for stiffness and hold, but the elnett not strong enough and also not as cost effective when styling alot of heads. Would like to be able to cut down on the number of products.
Several questions from this,
Which products do you all favour?
Does anyone use a combined finishing hairspray and shine spray?
Any amazing products that do all updo jobs in one ?
Thanks in advance x

so glad you posted this im having the same problem some sprays are so heavy the make curls drop but i so love the bed head shine spray and my ladies love it to that is my wedding must have x

i adore clynol xtra strong styling spray (its in a cloudy plastic pump bottle) lasts for ages and a l'oreal studio tech one which you spray on ahir before heat setting ie under the dryer, a tutor i had who did bridal with me 2 years ago, was an amasing up do stylist who would teach at colleges and private courses swore by them and clynol shine spray.
i did a wedding 2 weeks ago on bride, teenage bridesmaid and flower girls and only used these 3 products in the morning and i went to the evening do and styles had lasted. bride was french pleat, then bridesmaid tongued curls half up half down and littlies ringlets and they hadnt dropped.
i dont find ellnett very strong at all

i like the range from sebastian. 'Halo mist' is their shine spray. you only need a few squirts and it makes your hair look like glass.......so gorgeous!!!! the hair spray they do is brilliant to, as it gives amazing hold and smells devine,

I think that the best shine spray is Schwarzkopf's Blonde Me shine spray. Great product and smells fab. We use it on most clients, blonde or not, and we sell it on the strength of the smell :)

Does anyone use firm/setting lotion? (bit ancient in use but it does work) I get the best results using these. I combine the use with a dabble of hairspray. Keeps the curls for a while! Rather than using the gel based ones use a solution, spray it on before tonging/heat then hairspray or shine spray at end. I have to say i dont use elnett but it is useful for those people that want a light "fluffy" look! hehe! xoxo

I tried Hi Tech during prom season ..yuc.. too wet! Schwarzkopf is the best hairspray all round. They do a 'pink' can which has 'shine' included and Iits brill! Hope this helps.

Thanks Lovelies
The Clynol shine spray is the one i use,

Does anyone use firm/setting lotion? (bit ancient in use but it does work) I get the best results using these. I combine the use with a dabble of hairspray. Keeps the curls for a while! Rather than using the gel based ones use a solution, spray it on before tonging/heat then hairspray or shine spray at end. I have to say i dont use elnett but it is useful for those people that want a light "fluffy" look! hehe! xoxo

Interesting, do you mean the pink setting lotion for instance and are you putting on to damp hair then drying? or just using on dry hair ?
I would use elnett as a light finishing spray to sooth any flyaways. Which hairspray do you use? thanks hun xx

I tried Hi Tech during prom season ..yuc.. too wet! Schwarzkopf is the best hairspray all round. They do a 'pink' can which has 'shine' included and Iits brill! Hope this helps.
I know what you mean, i used loads in prom season and had 9 updos in one (very long ) afternoon so used loads of it but found it could give a bit of a nasty residue if too much used and combing over it .
What other hairspray comparisons can you compare the Schwarzkopf to? i think i know the one you mean , does it give a good stiff hold for height and barrel curls ? x

i adore clynol xtra strong styling spray (its in a cloudy plastic pump bottle) lasts for ages and a l'oreal studio tech one which you spray on ahir before heat setting ie under the dryer, a tutor i had who did bridal with me 2 years ago, was an amasing up do stylist who would teach at colleges and private courses swore by them and clynol shine spray.
i did a wedding 2 weeks ago on bride, teenage bridesmaid and flower girls and only used these 3 products in the morning and i went to the evening do and styles had lasted. bride was french pleat, then bridesmaid tongued curls half up half down and littlies ringlets and they hadnt dropped.
i dont find ellnett very strong at all
Thanks Joanne, do you use the clynol as a before, during and after then ?

yes i do the clynol xtra strong spray for dry setting on velcro's etc and with the curling irons. and then for finishing
i do like good old fashioned setting lotion for wet setting on velcro's...but i tend to dry set mostly with bridal hair

I tend to use fudge sky scraper as a light spray then to keep the style or curls in use fudge membrane gas and that will hold the style for ever, but it does make the hair look dull so i tend to use bed head head rush for the shine spray :). but make sure u dont want to move the hair again if ur using membrane gas lol xx

Latest posts

Back