Upper leg/inner thigh wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammiC

Reaction score
Can someone kindly advise the best method of waxing the upper inner thigh on larger ladies, I've been having a bit of trouble lately, not sure why? I apply the strip wax in the direction of the hair growth but am struggling with removal, I get left over hair and wax and just can't seem to get it all? I'm not having this issue with smaller thighs. Thanks in advance x

since you're not having the issue with smaller thighs it might be that you're not holding the skin tight enough on the other clients. Try having them pull the skin up above where you're waxing while you hold underneath. Should help with removal.

I have found that with larger clients its sometimes better to get them to bend their knee and flop their leg out slightly, it means that you can get your hands right underneath to get a good stretch...I also struggle with this type of client, but find that this seems to work the best, also applying the wax in smaller sections so you dont get to sticky....good luck xxx

Thanks for your replies. Ive taken on board smaller sections & extra support on the skin :) I do the leg out to the side, bend at the knee position but do find on a few of my clients that it still doesn't get adequate separation near the inner upper thigh or the client finds it difficult to stay in that pos long enough and they end up saying not to worry, that no one will see it anyway! But that's not good enough for me and i feel bad as I LIKE to be thorough! :) I use talc so maybe if I apply a little extra talc in that area might help? I did a full leg today on regular size lass with absolutely no probs.

Last edited:
Hi there I just wondered do you do there full leg wax laid down or sat up?

I find with slightly larger ladies if I lay them flat for the thighs it's much easier, bend the knee and place their hands in a stretch were it's best for you hth x

laying flat is a good option....and you can also have them raise their leg up in the air too....like if you were doing a brazilian...it really stretches that part of the skin out.

Thanks! Yeah that's a good point. I get most of my clients to lay flat, some of the larger ladies find it difficult lying flat so they have 1-2 cushions under them. I think next time I'll make them (nicely) lie flat for the upper leg section. I have suggested the leg up part but most can't assume that position comfortably either. It's just gonna be one of those things I guess but I will enforce the lie flat and extra support.

Latest posts

Back