upper lip hair removal...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuschia

Reaction score
A friend of mine would like to remove hair from her upper lip with a hair removal cream, does anyone know if the hair would grow back thicker??

Used to bleach mine so not sure about cream removal. Plucked up the courage to wax mine and never looked back!! My hair doesn't come back any thicker with wax so perhaps try that? :idea:

If you do try a cream remember to do a patch test first!

Hope this helps!:lol:

The only 3 professional hair removal systems are waxing which is semi permanent,or electroylosis or laser.

The latter 2 are effective in being more permanent,although regular sessions in the salon are a pre requisite to gain maximum results.

Having said that if budget is an isuue i would opt for waxing.Its semi permanent,and should not grow back for at least 4 weeks,the hair should be finer in texture,but results vary.

I would reccommend a visit to the salon to have this done professionally as opposed to home waxing as results could be disappointing and could be disastrous!

I have not heard of creams to take off hair,if so im sure there are chemicals that could cause irritation and may cause sensitivity.

Those hair removal creams will cause the hair to grow back like you shaved. All they do is dissolve the hair above the skin. And, most of those creams can eat through metal.... not a wise choice for putting on the skin. Wax, Laser, Threading and Electrolosis are the best methods for hair removal.

I always have mine waxed and they grow in much finer. Personally I would not use these dissolving creams on my face - I once used one on my underarms and it burnt so much that I was bleeding - ouch!

I'd definitely recommend waxing over hair removal creams. I never found the creams to be very effective, and they smell vile (not as bad as they used to be though, I believe). With waxing, the hair is completely gone for a few weeks, so you don't even have to think about it, plus it probably takes less time to wax than it does to use the cream, with a lot less chance of a nasty reaction. But please make sure she goes to a professional!

Removal with cream will only last for a couple of days too, so if your friend wants a longer lasting solution then as the others have said I would recommend waxing.

I have very dark hair and over the years I've tried all sorts of different things on my upper lip, but in all honesty waxing has been by far the best. In fact once I started I've never looked back!

hth:hug:

The hair wouldn't grow back thicker, but it would grow back with a blunt end, so may appear thicker.

If she doesn't want her upper lip waxed, why not tell her to try bleaching the hair?

A hair removal cream only works at the skins surface, and has no impact on activity at the hair root, therefore the hair will not grow back thicker.
If your friend goes ahead make sure they do a patch test and buy one suitable for the face, as the strength of chemicals can vary.
Hair removal cream is quite aggressive and can have quite an adverse reaction on the skin, it is advised not to use this on a permanent basis as the skin can develop sensitivities. Hths x

Latest posts

Back