Upright massage chairs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Reaction score
Do any of your geeks use an upright massage chair as opposed to just a couch so that clients only needing a back and shoulder massage can sit forward in the specially adapted massage chair?

I have my couch which is fine for the majority of clients but I have a large gentleman that is wanting regular shoulder and back massage who finds lying prone face down quite uncomfortable and to be honest its quite difficult for me to 'reach' him properly when he is on the couch.

I have seen these massage chairs that the client sits astraddle and leans forward and this would also mean that I can sit and work on the back quite easily and more comfortably.

Can anyone give me any pointers on what to look for when buying one or have you found them to not be as good as you expected and have resorted to just using your couch again?

I would appreciate any advice from those who have experience using them.

Cheers everyone :hug:

I've never used one myself, but I was speaking to a massage therapist a few weeks back who uses one and she thinks they're fantastic. The only thing she did stress is to make sure not only the head rest, and bit you lean on are adjustable, but also the seat part needs to be adjustable too. This helps if you get a client who is very small or very tall. Or if you are!

Hth's

Latest posts

Back