Urgent Advice for MINX Lamp.. Argos or Ikea?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
My MINX lamp has somehow got a loose wire and I have some appointments this morning. I don't have the time to be going to S2 to buy a new lamp today but have an Argos/Ikea amongst a few other shops close to me, can anyone recommend an alternative please?

I've only ever known of the Medisana on Amazon and obviously won't be able to have that by this afternoon, would there be a store I could buy this from? :)

I need to get out THIS MORNING to buy it so would appreciate some help pretty quick, thank you Geeks!! :D

Use a candle till you get one. my daughter uses a candle with no problems whats so ever... I use a lamp but the candle does give out better heat to soften the minx.... and the results are very good

Ive heard ikea sell infra red lamps. Not sure of a price or if they r good enough for minx but maybe worth havin a look at

Cx

Sent from my GT-I5801 using SalonGeek

I would definitely advise against the candle! Are you mobile? That's just asking for trouble in someone's home!

Do you have something like Sally's near to you? They sometimes sell infra red heat lamps.

if you go to a pet shop they sell the bulbs for reptiles to keep them warm just stick it in a reading lamp will do as a stop gap lol have one as a spare xx

My friend has the one from Argos xx

I won't be using a candle, thanks for the tip but I'm wouldn't trust myself doing that in someone else's home, or my own - aside from the fact they're both new clients and I would see that as extremely unprofessional :)

I will check in Ikea and also at my local wholesalers, thanks! I guess any infrared lamp would do as a temporary measure and look more pro than a hairdryer?

Yes, I'd definitely avoid the hairdryer, that would look very unprofessional.

Yes, I'd definitely avoid the hairdryer, that would look very unprofessional.

The only reasons I said hairdryer is we all have one , saves money to get a proper light ( like the cool new Minx heat)
And because it would be safer than a candle ,

And I'm sure if it's explained that the light broke this morning it was hair dryer or cancel the appointment they will be happy you came,

Any light bulb that produces heat will do it!

Im not trained on Minx but if what Mizzy_Dizzy says works, eg. any bulb that emits heat then go for a halogen lamp? as they tend to emit more heat than a standard bulb. I may be wrong but just a thought :D

Thanks, I need to go to Ikea today anyway so will see what they suggest, thank you very much for the speedy replies :)

Thanks, I need to go to Ikea today anyway so will see what they suggest, thank you very much for the speedy replies :)

Good luck!

Argos have an infra red lamp, it's about 45/50 pounds x

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Forgot to reply the other day, thanks for all your help.

Managed to get over to S2, and I'm glad they did - I managed to get the lamp swapped there and then, well chuffed, got a brand spanking new lamp and didn't have to spend a penny.. great service ey! :D

Latest posts

Back