Urgent colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellechopchop

Reaction score
Hi all

I have taken on a new client who currently has an upside down ombre. The blonde is HLT and The tones are pretty mixed throughout her head, the front is almost white in places, and it gets warmer as you go back through the head until mostly it's golden.

So, she wants the blonde icy white
I have tried PO1, didn't even touch it, then tried bleach and 20vol, again barely moved it [emoji53] so again tried PO1 to see if having the bleach on there helped, it didn't! The lightest pieces came up perfect but I am talking about a small strand, the rest of the head barely budged [emoji30] all the time I have used the new sallys protect stuff in with the colour.
Now I currently have a piece of her hair in rusk 10.11 semi, which again isn't even slightly changing

I really need some help and advice as I'm stumped!
And I really don't want to keep going at her hair unnecessarily [emoji120]

Hiya!
Do you have a picture of how it looks now? And one of what she wants to achieve?

What's an upside down ombre? As in the "reverse ombre - dark ends" thing? And is HLT high lift tint?

PO1 sits on a level 10, so all the pieces need to be lifted to a very pale yellow before toning.

If you have multiple tones in the hair, the best way to lift them out is by selectivly foiling the strands with some backcoming to soften any lines if needed, but also be realistic with what you can achive to the client.

Latest posts

Back