Urgent help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jillykeely

Reaction score
Any one who can help please. I just found out last minute that I can have a booth in my towns local bussines fair.
Any ideas of what to do at the fair!!!!
I have been told that I can do clients and charge for services
Not sure if i want to do this for many reasons
I have my own home based nail salon. My only thought is to demo gel polish natural overlay's !! should i charge for this i was thinking free
i am lost any ideas would so so help me.
thank everyone in advance

Not sure if you do nail art, but maybe you can do nail art and have a donation box? So instead of paying, they donate and you get the chance to expand your clientele and show your talent?

but maybe you can do nail art and have a donation box?

I hate to sound negative, but I have learned to NEVER depend on a person's choice to give you a donation/tip or anything like that. If you want some money, you have to charge them.

Also, I had a booth at a festival last year, and my boss made me do the free polish thing as a promotion for her salon. I just charged for nail art. I only got two kinds of people.

Cheapos who didn't want nail art but just the polish and didn't bother tipping, and Potential clients who had the manners to either tip me or get nail art done (or both).

Unfortunately, I mostly got the first category :/

I have just done a booth this week in our local hospital for Nurses appreciation week. I was a great event. Brought me quite a few new customers. I just took some of the products I use, some flyers, menus and the Minx designs I have in stock. I was seriously busy. Everyone wanted to know about the Minx. Why don't you do one finger for free and if they want more charge them.

You could use the opportunity to collect details, I did one recently with A free hand conditioning treatment or a sample nail extension. To recieve the free treatment, they filled in a form with there details to recieve regular updates and offers from me. I collected 15 names, 6 of which have since become clients.:D

I agree with Annasmum. I too was going to suggest doing one finger or toe with Minx or equivalent, then maybe you could give them a voucher to have the rest of them done with a 10% discount as one of their nails is already done! ;)

I agree with Annasmum. I too was going to suggest doing one finger or toe with Minx or equivalent, then maybe you could give them a voucher to have the rest of them done with a 10% discount as one of their nails is already done! ;)

I love the 10% discount that way the customer thinks that they get an even better deal. Everyone loves having a discount.

I hate to sound negative, but I have learned to NEVER depend on a person's choice to give you a donation/tip or anything like that. If you want some money, you have to charge them.

Also, I had a booth at a festival last year, and my boss made me do the free polish thing as a promotion for her salon. I just charged for nail art. I only got two kinds of people.

Cheapos who didn't want nail art but just the polish and didn't bother tipping, and Potential clients who had the manners to either tip me or get nail art done (or both).

Unfortunately, I mostly got the first category :/

I rarely meet clients like that. In fact, I haven't ever met a client who hasn't tipped. Maybe that's because people where I live tend to be nice and very grateful.

thank for all the help. i am going to go with the product demo on one nail with a 10% off for the person if they come see me. also going to do a little nail art too for the practice. thank so much keely

Do you have Shallac?
If you do this would be really good to do on one finger and offer the discount as it is quick, easy and really striking. I think you would get a lot of return business

HTH

Emma x x

Hi Emma1610, Would you charge for Shellac service on one finger or not? I think I might have something coming in 2 weeks time and still thinking of what to do. Shellac came to mind but wasn't sure if I should charge and how much to charge. Thanks​

hi olabecee,
bit of a tricky one really, you could charge a nominal fee like £1 or £2 for a nail or give it as a freebie. What do you other geeks think?
Give a discount card out when you do the nail for a full Shellac treatment, the results are so good it will definately bring people into your business!
Emma x

I wouldn't charge for 1 nail, but if they want all nails doing then I'd definately charge.

I have just done a booth this week in our local hospital for Nurses appreciation week. I was a great event. Brought me quite a few new customers. I just took some of the products I use, some flyers, menus and the Minx designs I have in stock. I was seriously busy. Everyone wanted to know about the Minx. Why don't you do one finger for free and if they want more charge them.

Are we allowed to do booths (where we actually do a service) in Florida? I know if we are vendors at the Premier show it's permissable but I think that's different. I have done some of my clients who have been hospitalized but had to do the whole booking and address carry license thing in case the Inspector came by.

Thanks Emma1610 and The Beauty Shed. I'll go with your suggestions---I think Shellac will be unresistable and they would want to get all their nails done.

Latest posts

Back