Urgent help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative kes

Reaction score
Hi everyone

So where do I start...

I decided I wanted to get a qualification in doing acrylic nails and went to the Scottish beauty show in Edinburgh 2 years ago to get more information and try different ideas.

I was blown away by one stall that used backscratchers extreme powder glaze. So decided to train with them.

I learned the basic prep of the nails and then how to apply tips (nail extensions) then acrylic.

As I continued to learn more about the nail industry I became less confident why???

I never got trained how to sculp a nail
Do any nail art not even glitter!

So I feel very clueless now and feel like I don't want to waste any more money!! The course itself cost me £500 and the products itself are at least £100 for everything you need.

I have seen so many amazing work from nail techs out there and I feel I need to start all over again but maybe not using backscratchers products.

I decided to look on you tube and bought lots of money worth cnd products and love it but it is not acrylic and would love to learn how to sculp a nail using forms etc.

My question to anyone who can help guide me is....

Do you think I need to train all over again with a better consumer? As I do not know how to do acrylic the 3 steps brush on way only the dip in powder way!!

I am so gutted and feel so uncomfortable charging my clients as I feel the products and choice I have for clients is very small!!

Please please help in away possible

If it means I have to fork out more money I will but only if you can promise and insure me I will never regret the choice like I feel now!!

So sorry for the long story!! Hope sum1 can take the time to read and understand me

New to this and see my plee has had views but no comments is this because I have locked my post and people can't see what I wrote? Confused sorry

Hi hun. I definately think you will need further training, even if mainly to build your confidence. I havebt worked with backscratchers myself so dont know the products. What i can say is that CND is a very good company to train with, one of the best out there, as a lot of geeks will agree. My one concern is where you got your CND products from? Was it a legitimate distributor (CND, S2)? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi, I'm a gel tech and don't do l&p so can't comment on the technique you have or haven't been taught but by the sounds of it you are not confident with the training you have done. I do believe that practice is the key to getting it right and this will build your confidence but maybe a conversion course with a different company is what you need. Every system has different tecniques, and it's down to personal presence but if you have the knowledge you will (after practice) be more confident. When did you train? How many sets have you done since?

Hi

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

I have been getting my cnd products from sweet squared? Cnd is who I want to train with but do they do acrylic and sculpting etc?

As for sets I have done lots!! The product I use is fine it's just very minimum to what you can do if I knew how to upload videos on here I would show you what it is I use?

Hey

CND ambassadors will teach you everything from sculpting to tipping to overlays, nailart etc etc. give sweet squared a call and have a chat or if your in Scotland give the Center Edinburgh or Glasgow a call an the girls can give you all the info and advice you need. Goodluck x

Perfect thank you. How much do you think this will cost me?

I think further training is definitely what you need to build your confidence. I'm sure cnd will teach you how to sculpt. It may be best for you to contact them and tell them what training you would like to do and see which course they would suggest. Keep us updated on the outcome

Thanks Vikki I most certainly will

Thanks so much. Be prepared for more annoying posts from me haha

I think with CND you KNOW the educator is going to be good. There are lots of other good ones out there but unless you have a trusted recommendation you are taking a risk. Also, if you want to use CND products its going to be much better to do your training with them.

Before I did my acrylic conversion course I spoke to the educator on the phone to make sure it was the correct course for me. I also know I can call/email her any time if I have any questions.

Latest posts

Back