Use it or lose it? Intimate waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spa Therapist

Reaction score
Hi,
I was going to PM Kim Lawless but I'd quite like others' opinions as well please.
I'm seriously considering training with Kim for male and female intimate waxing. I'm unhappy in my current job and I'm jobhunting - my head and my heart are screaming that intimate wax training is the best thing I could possibly do to put myself head and shoulders above other applicants....

But here's my dilemma... If I don't use it, will I lose it? I would hate to become confident only to lose my new skills because of a lack of opportunity to use them.

I work 6 or 7 days a week most weeks so don't have the option of going mobile and I don't have anybody I could practise on at home. The spa I'm at at the moment uses crappy salon system cream wax with low quality shiny paper strips for intimate waxing and not wishing to sound snobby but... I don't want to put my name to work that's been done with rubbish quality products.

Sorry for the long post but what I'm asking is... do you think I should train or not?

I'd appreciate any opinions :Love:

You do need to practice, doesn't matter where or what you learn, with out practice you're not going to be the best that you can be.
However, in your place I would talk to the boss, I would tell them that I wanted to train with Kim, that I wasn't expecting them to pay for that training but that afterwards I would like to be able to add the service to the spa's menu so would they stock the products?
Bearing in mind that PR is a high end product, Kim teaches a high end service and as such the spa would be able to bill this as a high end treatment. Yes the hot wax costs more but there are no strips to use, it's quick and clients love it.
As for Kim her self, well I've trained with her I did her speed waxing course, I think she's worth every penny and I will be returning to her for more training this year. Because, yes the more you know, the better service you give and the more clients that will bring you.

Thanks for your help, I thought my gut might be right! I'm definitely going to train with Kim at some point, I think I might just have to wait until I'm in a better position to keep up the practise. My employer won't consider hot wax, I've already tried several times :evil: they don't even have any retail items for waxing which I think is another missed opportunity.

But oh well :wink2: hopefully I won't be there much longer. I want to be the best and I am not going to progress there!!

x

Latest posts

Back