use of solar oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie.castle3

Reaction score
do all your clients use solar oil regulaly. do you think it makes a whole lot of difference to the enhancement. i use solar oil every day and quite a few times a day, i dont seem to have that many probs with my enhancements and i do them myself. i do have a few clients that when they come back for maintenance, the acrylic seems to be abit crumbly, do you think this is to do with not using solar oil.?
thanks julie

Hi there yes they do but I can't say what sort of difference it makes cos they al use it. They all love the smell too.

julie.castle3 said:
do all your clients use solar oil regulaly. do you think it makes a whole lot of difference to the enhancement. i use solar oil every day and quite a few times a day, i dont seem to have that many probs with my enhancements and i do them myself. i do have a few clients that when they come back for maintenance, the acrylic seems to be abit crumbly, do you think this is to do with not using solar oil.?
thanks julie

What brand are you using?

Hi

from a client's point of view - I have only been using solar oil for about a month and I can say it has made a big difference for me, especially to the skin around my nails - I love it, smells so good i could eat it........ I also use it on hard skin on my feet!

This is copied from an older post of mine:

Ok. :)

Solar Oil is a synergystic blend of naturally light oils and vitamin E that deeply penetrate and protect skin and nails.

Jojoba seed oil deeply penetrates skin, nails and Liquid & powder enhancements, it acts as a carrier, drawing down the other oils and vitamin E

Vitamin E is and antioxidant that takes out free radicals associated with premature aging.

The other oils soften and moisturise..

In enhancements the oil acts as a type of cushioning, filling in the small spaces and keeping nails moisturised and flexible ... phew, that was a mouthfull LOL.

Use daily for best effects.

Hope that answers the question.!

Solar oil used on any system Fibreglass/Silk or L&P will keep it plasticized......even Gel likes it lol........
it will prevent curling of the natural nail as it is getting his daily TLC, will keep the coating in tip top condition and the natural nail will get a daily dose of TLC too......
Solar Oil is great no matter who's enhancement products you are using, it does not discriminate........ Acrylic loves to be oiled, ex-specially if the oil has such tiny molecules that it will just get the the heart of the matter.......
Just think if you have a rubber band and just leave it out and exposed to all sorts of weather, sun, rain and the like it will get crumbly.... but oil this rubber band and then expose it to the elements and it will stay supple and springy for so much longer......
Expose any type of Enhancements to the elements of bath water, dish water, house hold cleaning chores and it will go the same way over a period of time...... so Solar oiling is in my view a must and I advise my clients accordingly, specially my Fibreglass and silk clients.......as resin tends to break down in water much faster then L&P......

HTH

You always know which of your clients use it and who don't (apart from when they look to the floor and say they do, your eyebrows go up, they look at you then tell you they used in once in the 3 weeks)

Clients who do use it have subtle and soft cuticle area and the L&P is looking well and their nails grow like crazy! The smell is divine!

I always advise applying at least twice a day, so it's cool if they do it once. I have one Lady who applies it 5 times plus and has gone through nearly a whole bottle!

Even without enhancements, it can be used daily great for stimulating those new cells :D

Take care

julie.castle3 said:
thanks julie
i always recommend to use solar oil at least once per day preferably last thing at night. clients who use it always have nice smooth cuticles and the acrylic looks fresher.to sell it i tell them its a one minute miracle manicure in a bottle. to prove how good it is try using on just one hand for a week and notice the difference between the two!

Not all of my clients use it but the ones that do I can see a difference. I reccomend they use it 4 times a day then I know at least they will use it once a day. As I'm applying it I tell them about it, what it does etc. and then ask them to smell, this usually makes them buy it.

Latest posts

Back