Quantcast

Use one line of products or several?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

veggie

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Anchorage, Alaska
I have a question. Is it better to have all of your products from the same company, or to use what you think are the best products even if they're from several different companies? I'm not talking about acrylics or anything, just manis and pedis.

Ideally I'd like to stick with just one line for my manis and pedis, but the top coat I really love is from one company, the base coat from another, and so on and so on. Is there any one line of product where everything they make is just perfect?
 

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
32,644
Reaction score
1,033
Location
Benissa, Costa Blanca, Spain
My answer to this question is that for me yes there is one company where everything I have ever used WORKS and performs how one is promised the products will perform. A company whos products are HIGH end and more importantly, BRANDED in the public eye so that customers ASK for it.

A Company whos philosophy is to make things easier for the technicians it serves so YOU will love them, and make the results perfect for your clients so THEY will love you.
 

naturalnails

Legend
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
15,181
Reaction score
585
Location
Daventry, Northants (UK)
Most products are designed to work together so you may not be getting the best results overall by mixing different brands.

I also think it looks more professional if you have the same brand - also it gives the client confidence in what you tell them. If for instance you were using brand A top coat this week and then brand B next week maybe the client would be confused.

If you had a client who came back with their varnish all chipped would you consider that it was due to the products not fully interacting with each other on her nails.

It's just a thought.
 

veggie

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Anchorage, Alaska
geeg said:
My answer to this question is that for me yes there is one company where everything I have ever used WORKS and performs how one is promised the products will perform. A company whos products are HIGH end and more importantly, BRANDED in the public eye so that customers ASK for it.

A Company whos philosophy is to make things easier for the technicians it serves so YOU will love them, and make the results perfect for your clients so THEY will love you.
Really? Which one is it!!!??? :biggrin:
 

veggie

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Anchorage, Alaska
naturalnails said:
Most products are designed to work together so you may not be getting the best results overall by mixing different brands.

I also think it looks more professional if you have the same brand - also it gives the client confidence in what you tell them. If for instance you were using brand A top coat this week and then brand B next week maybe the client would be confused.

If you had a client who came back with their varnish all chipped would you consider that it was due to the products not fully interacting with each other on her nails.

It's just a thought.
That's what was going through my mind. The problem is that I *LOVE* Poshe topcoat, but they don't make a complete line of manicure products. Just top coats, base coats, cuticle removers. I'd have to use a different company for the lotions, scrubs, colored polishes, etc. I've been looking for another topcoat that I find to be comparable (it's totally different from anything else I've ever used, and looks/feels more like a UV cured gel topcoat than any kind of regular topcoat) but so far haven't found anything. Orly is the closest second, so I'm considering them, but they have very expensive polishes. I'm wide open to recomendations and suggestions as there are tons of products out there I've never tried and I wouldn't know where to begin.
 

naturalnails

Legend
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
15,181
Reaction score
585
Location
Daventry, Northants (UK)
I can understand your love of Poshe as I too love it but like you, wanted to have a complete line. I used to use the Jessica range and they do everything but it gets confusing with all of the different base coats, and also the two top coats Top Priority and Brilliance to be used together - it takes more time and as they say - time is money LOL.

I now use CND products for everything in my manis as you have the choice of three different types - Scentsations lotions, Solar range and the Spa Mani range - plus they have various topcoats - Speedey, Super Shiney and Dry & Shine.

In the US you have a lot more choice than we have so let us know what you finally go with.
 

veggie

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Anchorage, Alaska
naturalnails said:
I can understand your love of Poshe as I too love it but like you, wanted to have a complete line. I used to use the Jessica range and they do everything but it gets confusing with all of the different base coats, and also the two top coats Top Priority and Brilliance to be used together - it takes more time and as they say - time is money LOL.

I now use CND products for everything in my manis as you have the choice of three different types - Scentsations lotions, Solar range and the Spa Mani range - plus they have various topcoats - Speedey, Super Shiney and Dry & Shine.

In the US you have a lot more choice than we have so let us know what you finally go with.
Oh good! You're the second person so far to recommend CND. I'll take that as a very good sign. Right now I'm still using up the product that was left there by the last naill tech, but I want to switch to a full line as soon as I can.
 

Little Angel

Well-Known Member
Premium Geek
Joined
Jul 28, 2003
Messages
3,197
Reaction score
136
Location
Lincolnshire, England
Hiya

I have to say i love my solar range and spa manicure. I like to keep to one or two brands as i think it looks more proffesional and i like to know the ins and outs of my products, if i had lots of different brands i think my clients would think i just use anything. I believe in my products its what i use and i highly reccomend them. I expect my staff to exclusivly use and reccomend them too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top